Stunning pic: Abandoned factory filled with rubber ducks

[Permalink]

1 Like

A few years ago, a friend and I went to shoot at the Salton Sea. One place was splashed all over on the inside with pink and laid out everywhere were carefully arranged velveteen rabbits - also dipped into the paint.

7 Likes

I wonder what the ducks did to get rid of all the people.

6 Likes

Obviously the words “filled with” have a different meaning in Cleveland. :smile:

10 Likes

Its a gosh darn Duckpocalypse!

2 Likes

Oswald Cobblepot was not available for comment.

3 Likes

As does the word “stunning”.

5 Likes

Your pic is weirder!

2 Likes

Good to know I wasn’t the only one underwhelmed by the duck density. We’re both jaded and full of imagination, each and every one.

This better approaches my mental ‘filled with rubber ducks’ threshold:

7 Likes

“Stunning… and that’s not all…” So Boing Boing is cool with b.s. click bait phrasing and hyperbole now?

2 Likes

Oh… DUCKS! Read that wrong the first time, and was expecting a much more interesting picture…

2 Likes

This photographer had better not put them there himself or Errol Morris is going to tear him a new lens hole.

1 Like

Weegee, the great photojournalist of New York in the 1930s and 40s was adamant that readers would want to see a dead guys hat in shot when photographing gangland killings. If the hat wasn’t in the right place, he’d move it. If there was no hat around, Weegee would toss his own hat in to complete the composition. The camera never lies… but photographers usual do :smiley:

1 Like

I wonder if there was ever such a thing as a “rubber duck” or if they have always been plastic? Not enough to Google it, obviously :slight_smile:

Yep. A brief history and some nice patent illos here: Rubber Duck Pond Duck History

I wondered too. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for that. The 1933 Patent appears to show a goose being force fed to make PâtÊ de Foie Gras.

Boing Boing headline writer latest victim of stunning virus

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.