☭ Sup Marxists? ☭

A good start would be to make it legal for workers to own their own skills and knowledge. Soo… owning the means of production, in the long term, which was Marx’s end-game anyway.

4 Likes

Ok people,

Exhibit A:
Ayn Rand’s letter to Cat Fancy magazine:
https://twitter.com/mallelis/status/476416405978374144

Exhibit B:
Lenin with his cat:

I think we can all agree that Objectivists and totalitarian Marxists are both cat people which proves something.

6 Likes

Well, obviously. An anarchist has a dog on a string.

3 Likes

It’s said that the Prophet Muhammad, who hated dogs, cut the sleeve from his garment rather than disturb a sleeping cat.

(According to the Hadith dogs are unclean, and the messengers of Allah will not enter a house that contains dogs, or intercede on the behalf of anyone accompanied by a dog, and touching or being licked by a dog renders ones’ prayers and other religious rituals invalid. Observant Muslims may keep dogs as working animals but not as pets, and certainly not in their homes. Modern, westernized Muslims tend to ignore these particular hadith, which they can do because the condemnation of dogs isn’t in the Q’ran itself.)

4 Likes

10 Likes

Lenin, Ayn Rand, Muhammad, and Chairman Meow.

12 Likes

There are some dog Marxists though:

A blurry young Lacan, Cécile Éluard, Pierre Reverdy, Louise Leiris, Zanie Aubier, Pablo Picasso, Valentine Hugo, Simone de Beauvoir, Jean-Paul Sartre, Albert Camus and others posing with Picasso’s dog Kazbek. Sartre and Camus are quite close to Picasso’s dog, illustrating the existentialist’s transitional form of Marxist theory, while Lacan is furthest, and blurry, showing how he wished he could leave and go find a cat for reasons related to Freudian psychoanalysis.

7 Likes

ISIS versus doge, doggos, and smol puppers. I think we know who will win more hearts and minds.

11 Likes

The same is said of Confucius, and a Chinese emperor is alleged to have done likewise to avoid disturbing a sleeping male lover. I like to think this was all done at the same sleepover.

16 Likes

Not my apocalypse: a black woman reads a white-guy prepper magazine

I found this to be a more enlightening read than having white dudes tell me their opinions from inside their bubble.

8 Likes

You know I have come to appreciate Penn and Teller’s approach to all the doomsday/collapse type stuff. They all have like 85%+ of humans getting wiped out and I am just gonna play the odds on this one and enjoy the good times while they are here.

3 Likes

When people tell me that 95% or more of humanity will and should die, I always ask “why wait?” and “you first?” Everyone always thinks it is someone else that is going to die, not them. If I have a choice of living in a zombie apocalypse (oops, I used the word again) or death, I’ll take death, personally. I have a bad back.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Outside the realm of fiction, Zombies don’t exist. They will not exist. They cannot exist.
If belief in Zombies is what drives you to buy guns and “prepare” for societal collapse, you’re fucking nuts.

9 Likes

Beat me to it…but it’s good comrade!

Sounds good to me! Where shall we um, strike next?

14 Likes

I’m actually really digging the Cutie Marxists; they make me smile.

5 Likes

14 Likes

8 Likes

I had no idea there was so much Marxist My Little Pony art in this world. Sometimes the world surprises you in the best ways.

8 Likes