Super-Fun-Pak Comix, feat. Monster Attack, Q-Nuts, and a Boltzmann Brain

Originally published at: Super-Fun-Pak Comix, feat. Monster Attack, Q-Nuts, and a Boltzmann Brain | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Most excellent, thankee! (and the reason they don’t just acronymise on “Mysterious Airborne Things”? you guessed it, it’s pronounceable and affords silliness “Whoa brah, should be like lay out the welcome MAT for them?”)

5 Likes

Wow, these comics really do need more annotation:

8 Likes

Super fun hint for Super-Fun-Pak comix:

right click → view image
click to view full size jpg

6 Likes

fyi in canon, Mr. Hyde’s name is Edward

2 Likes

But he could very well have a son named Brandon. Stevenson never mentioned his family for some reason.

5 Likes

I thought about that but again, in canon, he wouldn’t have fathered any children before he died. His every move was well documented.

But then again in canon, he’s no longer alive so he can’t be alive in the Super Fun Pak comic. And he never hung out with Frankenstein (or his monster), so clearly many liberties are being taken in the name of “parody” and “fair use”

1 Like

Not to mention “public domain.”

1 Like

But the details of Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde’s life is conveyed through diary entries, so we only know most of the character(s)’ actions through an unreliable narrator. Maybe he frequented the local brothel as Mr. Hyde but Dr. Jekyll was too embarrassed to mention that in his diary.

5 Likes

Huh? There’s no diary mentioned in the novella. Are you thinking of Jekyll’s statement/confession, the final chapter of the book?

2 Likes

I guess so. I assumed Disney owned the Stevenson catalog like everything else.

1 Like

Loved the call-back.

2 Likes

Wait, I need closure. Was Burt Reynolds in that movie or not?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.