Super-Fun-Pak Comix, feat. Uncle Cap'n's Nifty NFT, and more!

Originally published at: Super-Fun-Pak Comix, feat. Uncle Cap'n's Nifty NFT, and more! | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I was interested to learn that Uncle Cap’n’s NFT is likely to have a significant carbon footprint.

6 Likes

NFTs feel the same to me as a person buying a two thousand dollar bottle of wine and just pouring it out on the floor.

7 Likes

Or like buying a coupon for a cheap bottle of Trader Joe’s wine that everyone else is drinking and you’re like “but THAT one is mine!”

4 Likes

It’s like bidding for one of those scammy eBay postings where they say in the small print at the bottom, “Just to clarify, you are bidding for a photograph of a PlayStation 5.” Except with NFTs it says that in big letters at the beginning.

7 Likes

I’m selling an NFT of me laughing at that comic.

2 Likes

Berkeley Breathed did one Infinite Bill

It just depresses me…

1 Like

Nobody ever asked the shark in Jaws what its name was, so it could’ve been named “Jaws.”

1 Like

Somehow the Frankenstein/Frankenstein’s Monster jokes never get old

2 Likes

While there were three mechanical sharks, the film crew referred to it as “Bruce”.
So it did have a name!

8 Likes

It. . . it. . .it wasn’t a real shark?

Thanks for ruining that movie for me.

2 Likes

When Hooper is in the cage, and there’s a shark attack, and you see an outside view of the shark attacking the cage – that’s real shark footage. So the mechanical sharks were just body doubles for that real shark.

ETA: Sure glad I didn’t mention there were three robot kids, standing in for Michael…

5 Likes

To be fair, Jaws 3 in 3-D ruined the entire Jaws franchise for me.

2 Likes

“You’re not going to like this…” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can anyone decipher this?

2 Likes

ttdbnft001 = Tom the Dancing Bug Non-Fungible Token 001

3 Likes

But it got Michael Caine a very nice house.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.