This course explains what NFTs are

Originally published at: This course explains what NFTs are | Boing Boing

I’m sure someone from BBS will be along any second to explain what NFTs are here in the comments, saving you a solid double-sawbuck.

[short version: they’re overpriced electronic (really boring) Garbage Pail Kids cards that come with a huge carbon footprint instead of bubble gum.]

15 Likes

Can you launder money with Garbage Pail Kids or use them to hide money from the IRS?

I only today found out that there is a racket around Pokemon cards.

1 Like

i can tell you in three words: they’re a scam.

Just ask Anil Dash, who co-created them with good intentions, but has watched them become overrun with grifters: NFTs Were Supposed to Protect Artists. They Don't. - The Atlantic

8 Likes
2 Likes

Here’s your very last chance to transfer me current fiat money (~venmo) to possess for all blockchain eternity your very own prime number. Currently accepting bids on: 36749 and 8675309. Get in now as the prime numbers come less frequent as they get bigger! (othersmayfeeltheycanalsouseortattoothesenumbersontheirbums)

7 Likes

The course has one page that says “you have already wasted enough money on NFTs…”

5 Likes

Here’s the audiovisual version of the course:

4 Likes

here’s the deal–

cryptocurrency: if idling your car 24/7 produces worked sudokus which can be traded for heroin, that’s a cryptocurrency.

nft: if your heroin-sudokus have a picture on the back, that’s an nft.

10 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.