Supercar maker Vector has the world's best website

Looks like they replaced that footer image with actual HTML text though neither of the URLs are clickable. Which is too bad because what if I want to visit the www.vectormotors.com while I’m viewing www.vectormotors.com?

4 Likes

Or posting their favorite mockup and calling it a day. It looks exactly like that.

8 Likes

If you like things like that, check out the awesome, awesome movie Prospect (Firefly meets hard sci-fi) which is fully equipped with 80’s retro tech. It’s like an Atari 800XL’s dream of the future.

5 Likes

it looks like a sneaker

1 Like

By calling the urls directly; you can access the gallery and rest of the site to see amazing renders! e.g.:http://www.vectormotors.com/gallery.html

And if you want to fix that page, they have open positions for “… Information Technology, Web & Graphic Design …” http://www.vectormotors.com/company.html

6 Likes

Could I pull down luxury car maker rates?

1 Like

Wow. I never would have guessed that Aquajet and Vector are the same company. Their websites are _so_strikingly different.

1 Like

You’re in charge of all my media consumption now.

1 Like

Say what you want, I like their switchgear.

So finally I have been to the Dark Web, too! How exciting.

1 Like

Well, it just matured.
I’m pretty sure I have made web sites of comparable quality with other mature software products, like

• a DreamWeaver¹ from 2000
  • Notepad.exe from 1998
  • a vim from, idk, 1994?

¹ recently I have started teaching web design. I was surprised that DreamWeaver basically hasn’t changed (I guess they consider it mature, too…) and that open source alternatives like BlueGriffon are often even worse. I rememberd somebody mention Adobe Muse, which has been canceled since. So I “reluctantly” gave in and taught my students how to do HTML with the most basic text editors (and learned how hard it is to get OSX’s TextEdit to produce plain text).
But if someone knows a nice, no-b.s., free, WYSIWYG editor, please let me know!

3 Likes

You can visit the entire website, in development but functional, by going to http://vectormotors.com/company.html

For the true experience you should visit their sister company AQUAJET.com

The way the Wikipedia article is phrased makes Agassi sound like the jerk in the situation, to be honest.

On first sight of the OP I thought this was the same company that made failed to make the cool-looking E7 police car, but that was Carbon Motors.

But I want one. Vrrm.

1 Like

Actually I watched the second part of the dodgy video.

I don’t know if this thing ever actually rolled anywhere for real, but I think the concept of manageability of the vehicle is great - make it easy to fix - that IS very “aeronautical” in that over-complexity in the service of looks / 1mph more of speed does actually make the car a major pain in the ass. Making all that easier - cool.

It may be as simple as the guy read about how Boeing refined the aircraft construction and maintenance business and applied it to cars, but that does make sense, it’s disruptive.

I think the stylists are the ones deserving to be shot down - ridiculous. Maybe they went on to do KITT on the strength of these over-synth’d vids.

That’s kind of always been the US sportscar issue - unable to summon that mystical glamour of Porsche, Ferrari etc, despite soundly thrashing them at Le Mans when they chose to invest.

2 Likes

http://www.vectormotors.com/registry.html

Vector Registry:
When the WX8 goes into production, you will see the registry of WX8 cars below.
#001:
(in development)

Can I stop holding my breath yet?

3 Likes

WTF? :confused:

1 Like

Damn, knowing nothing about that movie I’d added it to my All4 queue, but I noticed just the other day it had disappeared from the service! Next time I’ll carpe diem I guess.

Also, re. the original post/topic - obligatory Homercar:

4 Likes

That dashboard has gone right the way through crappy and has come right back around to cool.
At least in my opinion, but then I’d rather have physical buttons that I can press without looking, rather than another bloody touchscreen.

3 Likes