Supercut of electronics enthusiast getting zapped

Originally published at: Supercut of electronics enthusiast getting zapped | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Electroboom has been providing yuks via youtube for a while now. His channel is solid.

17 Likes

the fact that he keeps working with a shelf over his head for that secondary head bang had me crying.

10 Likes

Excellent. I particularly liked how he grabbed the jacob’s ladder with both hands. A friend of mine once gave me some advice I cherish to this day: When working with electricity, don’t become part of the circuit.

11 Likes

I’m sure everyone knows this, but in case you didn’t, Electroboom is actually a professional electrical engineer who sets up his bits with great care. He knows EXACTLY what’s he’s doing to provide a laugh without killing himself.

I think his videos are great!

22 Likes

If you don’t taste the current you won’t know if it’s properly seasoned.

15 Likes

Enthusiast =/= expert

1 Like

I knight thee Sir Goofy Zeus.

2 Likes

Arise sir knight, and watch your head

6 Likes

I assumed that must be true, given how consistently it was happening. Still, some of that must have hurt…

5 Likes

My favorite is when he tests the safety features of UK electrical plugs and outlets in his hotel room and trips the breakers, cutting off power to an entire wing of the building.

1 Like

According to his twitter feed, that’s one of a few of his videos that got taken down by YouTube. On account of, y’know, the high likelihood of dying when pulling that kind of shit. Guess what’s roughly halfway between your hands?.. yup :heart:

While the reel did make me chuckle there a few things there that would definitely have hurt.

3 Likes

Miniaturization and taken us from The 3 Stooges, to 1… and now with electricity. This guy’s brilliant! The one with the calipers (!!!) killed me!

1 Like

Funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time. I literally had tears running down my cheeks. Thanks!

1 Like

The first time I saw his homemade electric guitar video, I thought I was going to tear my abdominal muscles I was laughing so hard.

2 Likes

The fact that he survives to make another video, then another, and another, seems to be enough proof for me.

I thought the same thing.
I mean, I adore people with a robust sense of humor, but IMO this guy is way way edgier than some things Dave Chappelle does (and I am big fan of Chappelle’s work).

I actually cringed and winced and held my breath during most of that supercut.

“Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.”

–Mel Brooks

3 Likes

The safety feature is that if you drop the plug on the floor, it will end up prongs facing up. Then, if you stand on it in the dark, you will be crippled for life, and isn’t it much safer to stay in bed?

Pronged bastards

4 Likes

I love ElectroBoom. He’s like Buster Keaton but with more zapping and sound.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.