Supreme Court tells "beach villain" Vinod Khosla to get lost

Vinod Khosla? Is it 1997 again already?

2 Likes

Hmm. I guess it really does matter whether the “takings clause” gets your panties wet. I’m not a libertarian, so no, it doesn’t.

We should have gave him a Voight-kampff test to determine if he was a Replicant:

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs, trying to turn itself over but it can’t. Not without your help. But you’re not helping.

1 Like

When I get a “I have no idea why I bought this!” moment, I’m usually holding some moderately expensive gee-gaw in my hand, shortly after opening a package, trying to mentally recreate the though processes that led to my purchasing it however many days it ago it was I placed the order. And I’m broke.

Same problem, more 0’s on the bank account, more than just my partner rolling her eyes at me while I stand there with a dumb look on my face wishing I hadn’t smoked that fourth joint.

1 Like

This happens all the time. As an example, my city requires me to shovel the sidewalk in front of my home (and rake it too!).

Property rights coming with responsibilities is not odd. After-all, property is an assignment of something we hold in-common to an individual. It would be odd if the holder had no responsibilities to the rest of us to receive that privilege.

12 Likes

Well, there’s an easy solution there. With 89 acres to play with, he can extend the road massively, winding back and forth, and run fences tight to either side of the road so it’s single track for its entire length. The road is still open, and maintained, and yet totally useless.

Clearly this guy just isn’t evil enough…

3 Likes

I had a brain fart on writing my last sentence, please reread.

Also: Drop the fucking ad hominem it has no place here.

2 Likes

Or you know, if he doesn’t want the plebs using his road, he could just build a beach access road that goes nowhere near areas he doesn’t want people (like by his house etc…). Something “shortest route” and durable.

But that would probably be expensive or something.

Weird that only this guy gets the press, when there are dozens of other rich folk, including your favorite Hollywood stars, doing the same things.

Vinod Khosla is a really great, foreigner-type villain name. Much more fitting than Cher, or Leo, or Bruce.

Except he could change access.

He just has to make an application. Which he has refused to do because making him ask for permission is apparently an intolerable infringement of his rights.

Perhaps because none of those people tried to take it to the Supreme Court on a libertarian point of principle?

5 Likes

They’re buying the beachfront land, sure, but they’re not doing the monologuing.

3 Likes

True - to the gate/road, but not the beach itself. (Though if he managed to change the former, the later would also be altered.)

FFS, yes. I have to shovel my sidewalk in winter. Same deal.

1 Like

Good example, i’m convinced

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.