Surgeon admits to branding initials onto patients’ livers

11 Likes

The last name. Duh. :wink:

5 Likes

Well, I guess that’s one place Chaka hasn’t been.

4 Likes

Banksy, either.

6 Likes

not to mention infection risk. as someone who has had a team of people digging around inside them professionalism is literally life saving. That being said, if stitches just so happen to resemble the stitchers initials that’s one thing, branding the side of an organ is something completely different in that you are introducing extra scar tissue to an area.

8 Likes

Hey, I’ve actually got one of these a couple of years ago - not for branding meat, though.
I use the letters to mark tools that have a wooden handle; hammers, shovels, firmer chisels, stuff like that.
Looks neater than freehand writing with a soldering iron.
Should work with thermoplastic materials too, but I haven’t tried that yet.

4 Likes

Well, at least there’s a consensus that what he did was wrong. Pelvic exams on anethsetized surgery patients doesn’t seem out of bounds, apparently https://dissidentvoice.org/2017/10/american-teaching-hospitals-where-pelvic-exams-under-anesthesia-happen/

5 Likes

“I demand my own hand writing expert gets to examine the evidence”?

You got a source for them?

Obligatory Mitchell and Webb, https://youtu.be/MR76R4gaC48

4 Likes

It’s this kind of thing that sometimes makes me wonder if the asylum in hitchiker’s guide is a real thing, and we’re looking at the world inside out.

7 Likes

I don’t even trust people not to objectify and abuse me while I’m fully awake and vocally complaining about it. The thought of someone thinking they can do whatever the fuck to my organs for funsies because I’m not awake to notice or complain… does not fill me with confidence about any future medical procedures I might need.

9 Likes

especially, I suppose, one saying ‘do not resuscitate’

3 Likes

This is wrong. A little funny. But wrong, nonetheless.

3 Likes

8 Likes

OK. I knew there was really nothing new under that old sun…“Vortniplooodge” You should not get an internal organ tattoo if you’re planning on getting a job where you have to expose your internal organs to children, as you don’t want to be a bad influence on them.http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Internal_Organ_Tattoo

haha …almost 19…

Yeah it kind of creeps me out as a member of the “more people have seen the insides of my body than probably have gotten to know me very well personally” club.

But the point is also bolstered by the fact that the liver branding was discovered by another surgeon, suggesting the first surgery wasn’t going well. It may be coincidence, but it’s hard to argue that when you’ve branded your name on an organ. It seems just CYA common sense would kick in for the surgeon but I guess it’s just too much of a high to get to scrawl your name on some one else’s internal organs.

5 Likes

Personally, I’d have gone for something like this; only on a liver rather than a slice of toast.

4 Likes