Syracuse cops falsely accuse man of rectal dope-stashing and take him to hospital for nonconsensual anal probe; now he must pay $4600 for the procedure

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/21/syracuse-cops-falsely-accuse-m.html

2 Likes

Nice of St Joseph’s to send him documentation for a lawsuit against them.

59 Likes

“Hi, you might not remember us, but we sexually assaulted you like good German soldiers who were just following unethical orders. We’d like to financially assault your wallet too. Kay, thanks, bye.”

37 Likes

So, jail time for the people who performed the procedure, the police who insisted upon it, or both?

I’m good with both.

59 Likes

It’s bad enough when they just ream you up the ass metaphorically.

16 Likes

Paging Archibald Buttle…

3 Likes

Lawsuit city; next stop.

12 Likes

In China, the family of the person being executed gets the $0.12 bill for the bullet used.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lin_Zhao (@bheerssen, in this article, the fee for Lin Zhao was $0.05: www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-Pacific/2009/0501/p06s01-woap.html)

4 Likes

Seems only fair.

St Joseph’s sends a $4500 bill, then pays a $500,000 cash settlement.

29 Likes

And the obligatory ban on the doctor ever being allowed to so much as administer a bandaid.

25 Likes

Even those jerks in the UFOs don’t charge people for the procedure.

44 Likes

Fucking fascists can stuff the thin blue line crap up their own asses.

Did none of the police officers, doctors, or hospital execs know how badly this all turned out last time someone pulled this bullshit?

19 Likes

Shouldn’t they bill the person that ordered the procedure?

27 Likes

If the cops ordered it the cops should pay for it.

21 Likes

Syracuse City Court Judge Rory McMahon, who issued the warrant, also refused to comment, citing a seal on the case.

I guess only some seals are inviolate.

21 Likes

LaaaaAAAAaaand of the Freeeeeee, and the hooooOOme, of the, BrrrraaaaaAAAAAve.

4 Likes

Land of the pleebs, home of the slaves.

17 Likes

When is this shit going to stop?

11 Likes

I wish I didn’t see what you did there.

18 Likes

Roger That!

7 Likes