Surreal face morph from "Sesame Street"

Originally published at: Surreal face morph from "Sesame Street" | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Early Sesame Street and Pee Wee’s Playhouse are responsible for some of the most inventive and boundary-pushing animation. We would almost certainly not have had the 21st C animation boom without them.

8 Likes

One of the fun stories of early Sesame Street animators was how Bud Luckey went from creating shorts for Children’s Television Workshop (such as “Ladybugs’ Picnic”) in the 1970s to becoming a key animator and character designer at Pixar, learning to use tools he couldn’t have imagined having in the beginning of his career.

In an interview toward the end of his career he reflected on how “I used to use animation to teach kids about numbers, and now those same kids are grown up and teaching me how to animate with numbers.”

9 Likes

My Favorite Millennials GIF by ALLBLK (formerly known as UMC)

4 Likes

Reminds me of the faces generated by this game

4 Likes

He sure seemed to be a beloved elder at Pixar. He designed (among other characters) Woody from Toy Story and wrote, directed & narrated the short Boundin’. He also did the voice of agent Dicker in The Incredibles.

2 Likes

Trans-mation?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.