Surrender Is Victory - Submit to Russia

Will do, thanks. Also, expect to get some flak about the “him” assumption.

1 Like

What are those “O” characters supposed to be?

… Hmm. Well, in ZZT, I would call it a Scroll.

I guess that makes it a crude approximation of Φ, though I can’t seem to find anyone else who writes it like whoever made the ASCII table.

1 Like

Basically, the only concession he’s made to the faux Cyrillic tradition is to mirror the "R"s.

Maybe the substitution of Д for A.

I really wish that the designers would start with a Cyrillic phonetic keyboard, and then make any “corrections” from there.

(И реаллы шисч тчат десигнерс шоулд старт шитч а Цыриллиц пчонетиц кеыбоард анд тчен маке аны “цоррецтионс” фром тчере.)

5 Likes

Mod note: Just stay on topic.

3 Likes

I would pay good money labour vouchers to watch that! (I have always got the impression that popo is part of the anti-state left)

2 Likes

Oh, believe me, when the young fellow I spoke with told me that about the two spook agencies coming to a meeting of the minds – something I hadn’t gleaned from having read four different mainstream media accounts of the flap – I took it with a grain of salt. But I figured it sounded plausible enough to give him the benefit of the doubt in the context of the conversation.

Thanks for the NYT link and the support!

(completely off-topic)

your political colour scheme is oh so wrong. every time I read about red and blue states/politicians/world-views in the US I have to switch colours so the story makes sense…

8 Likes

We did it because of Red baiting! And the democrats persuaded the networks that Red stands for Republican.

1 Like

Hey, it’s accurate…now. The Dems would be the Conservatives in most of the West, and the GOP has gone so far right that they’ve come out the other side and turned into Stalinists.

4 Likes

Is the topic “Cyrillic letters and their misuse” or “Russia interfered with America’s election”? I genuinely can’t tell.

4 Likes

5 Likes

The women of Liberland may be free, but they most certainly will not be equal. “Equality rights—don’t be alarmed,” Kacper Zajac, Liberland’s Minister of Justice and the author of its constitution, says by way of introduction of this contentious topic. “It’s equality before the law and before the law only.” A PowerPoint presentation drives this home with the word “ONLY!” in all caps. “No other equality is acceptable, obviously.”

It’s a vague introduction to a theme that hangs heavy in the air, a reminder that women are not men, blacks are not whites, refugees aren’t citizens, and the poor aren’t rich. Zajac just wants to cut the crap. Political correctness has no place in Liberland, everyone—all five dozen white men—can agree.

1 Like

There are alternatives:

2 Likes

I guess the “message” is that big unaccountable nation states which rule by threat of violence can always be expected to be better - just like how multinational corporations treat the individual better than local business. Would it be false equivalence if I linked the worst big nation I could think of and implied “this is how statists live”? Sure… you say Sweden, but I know for a fact that North Korea is what you really mean!

Those who think using violence to control territory and people is unacceptably uncivilized must all be crackpots who believe the same thing as my favorite ideological scarecrow.

The news networks used to alternate party colors for each election but sometime around Reagan they became “team colors” and stuck. Considering that WINNING has become more important than being right or good it’s appropriate.

3 Likes

It was originally red for Democrats, blue for Republicans. Then, when color television became a thing, it was red for incumbent, just so there could be no partisan bias in the way the maps were drawn up. Some organizations did blue for Democrats and red for Republicans as far back as Reagan, but it wasn’t standard for everyone to do this until about 2000 or so.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.