Survey says weed prices are crashing in Colorado

Plants are cool. Botany and Mycology are two passions of mine.

I will be explicitly blunt. Can you grow a dope brandywine consistently? If yes, MJ is easy.

Oh dude, not to derail too much, but ever got the Orchid Bug? Talk about a rabbit hole.

1 Like

ABSOLUTELYā€¦I went through an orchid phase, and a carnivorous plant phase, and a rare psychedelic plant phase, my house is currently full of various rare adaptogens (got interested in those because i fā€™ed up my adrenals).

Donā€™t even ask my ex about the time we had to remodel the bathroom because of an incident during one of my several indoor mycology phases. :slight_smile:

I still love all those thingsā€¦but when i get on a kickā€¦watch out!

1 Like

Dude, glad Iā€™m not the the only one. Ever read Orchid gatherer captains logs from the 1800ā€™s for fun? I am obsessed, but dayum those guys were driven by something I will never understand.

Three years for a seed to germinate!?

Glad to know there is a fellow Orchid enthusiast, and may your Dendrobiums look spectacular.

(God I love the small delicate blooms)

1 Like

Orchids are the devil. I donā€™t know how you can possibly grow them without a greenhouse to cycle them into. Funnily, there is a huge orchid growing in a 50 gallon planter just sitting outside down the street from me that looks healthier than any orchid Iā€™ve had for more than a few months.

It really, really upsets me. :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s something that will piss you off then:

My old boss has the blackest thumb possible, and in inland orange county CA (dry, hotā€¦ I have no problem growing cacti outside etcā€¦), she decided to get orchids and put the darn things in our clay dense alkaline soil next to her house. And the things are thriving. They flower regularly! I donā€™t get it.

Are you sure she doesnā€™t just go out and replace them in the middle of the night while everyone is sleeping? Because seriously, Iā€™m not an awful gardener by any stretch of the imagination. I grew up on a small hobby farm. But orchids. I mean. WTF. They just mock me. I can pull out a light meter to place it in the exact right spot, put in water sensors, keep the temperature perfectly regulated, mist the thing till my arm falls off and the leaves will still turn brown within a month.

water quality and air quality matter enormously.

Yup. Same plants year after year. In the ground. No tending at all. Makes me cry.

On the other hand sheā€™s killed an avocado tree. How is that even possible?

Really? Hrm. I mean, my water come from Hetch Hetchy and apart from the chloramine, it is probably some of the cleanest water on the planet. Air qualityā€¦ now thatā€™s an open question. Never thought about air quality before.

Seems it is bad to keep orchids near fruit because of the ethylene and they often need air movement. That could definitely be a culprit.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.