Suspicious people, American Airlines edition

Benzodiazepins do wonders for this.

2 Likes

Mind you, itā€™s the Memphis airport weā€™re talking about here. Suspicious people resemble anyone using the airport for anything other than shipping packages. That place is a ghost town otherwise.

1 Like
  1. Anyone carrying a cardboard box tied with rope.
  2. Those pants that use an elastic at the waist.
  3. A passenger with tickets in a shirt pocket.
  4. Families without a father present.
  5. Differently colored skin.
  6. Too much cologne.
  7. Cigarettes but no lighter.
  8. One of those Samsung phones.
  9. Flirtatious behavior toward large women.
  10. Eating between meals.
3 Likes

I like that thought. :slight_smile:

Years ago I discovered that British Airā€™s free alcohol policy does wonders too. Unfortunately it can be a tad expensive. Yeah, Iā€™m flying from Albuquerque to Salt Lake City. Itā€™ll take three days with a layover in Glasgow? Iā€™m cool with that. Bring me another tiny Glenfiddich.

4 Likes

Note that there is no prohibition of carrion pets.

4 Likes

ah - here you are taking about causes, but this poster is more of an effectā€¦hell yes Iā€™m ready for people and by extension countries and multinational corporations to stop being so awful to each other all the time, but Iā€™m not holding my breathe waiting for it to happen.

I try to do my little bit though to not be a part of the problem , honest. Iā€™m not trying to stamp out anything. I agree its important to not be afraid all the time, even when messages like this poster do send a quite different message.

Much like the general decay and decline in ecosystems planet wide due to bad stewardship from our species, Iā€™m getting used to the idea that a fear driven kleptocracy is the norm, and its all going to fold dramatically one dayā€¦

For the poor slobs on nightshift at lost luggage, all this means is that sometime next week they will be told to take down the little poster and put it up out of sight, when someone from corporate gets wind of this discussion.

5 Likes

oh yeah, you could shake your head alrightā€¦ especially when the idiots supposed to be keeping you safe canā€™t even get your bag reliably from A to Bā€¦ https://youtu.be/jcA-LE3eZxo

1 Like

Whew. My Data Bank 150 is safe. :wink:

Like terrorists (or whatever) couldnā€™t possibly get access to beta blockers or benzodiazepines so that they can avoid drawing suspicion.

2 Likes

Freedom aint Free?

2 Likes

ā€¦ā€œAngry.ā€

That scares me; too vague and general. So, Iā€™m angry/upset because of a screw up on your end? Nothing terror related.

Hey now, the Helvetica Scenario is some seriously scary stuff.

1 Like

I refuse to be intimidated by the Neue Haas Grotesk!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.