Syncro-vox: the most unsettling animation technique of all time

I lasted all of 42 seconds.
Max No

3 Likes

I believe that a parallel technology to sync-up with the voice actor was behind some of the delightful British marionette shows (e.g. Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, Fireball XL5…)

Some sources consider its precursor, Four Feather Falls , to be the first Supermarionation series because it saw the introduction of the electronic lip-syncing mechanism that featured in all of APF’s later puppet productions.

2 Likes

There are so many kids channels and kid shows these days, some very high quality, but I think today’s young’uns have been done a disservice by the disappearance of old movies from kid venues.

I grew up watching the “Creature Features” and “Thriller” slots on Saturday morning/afternoon. I got a great education on shlock horror and Sci-Fi movies. They made a great impression on me. I’m still trying to track down some one these.

2 Likes

5 Likes

The syncro-vox didn’t bother me so much since I was totally into the cool looking tech and great artwork. (The sound effects were pretty lame, though.)

4 Likes

Thank you for posting that. :smiley: The Space Angel cartoon made me think of Joel Veitch’s weird shit, esp We Like the Moon:

Some Quizno’s high mucky muck - or someone who had the ear of one of them - loved Veitch’s weird work, and had him make those bizarre ads for them :smiley:

1 Like

One word: spongmonkeys

1 Like

Exactly!

Between syncro vox and super marionation, the 60’s had some freaky cartoons. I wish i still had my Fireball XL-5 lunchbox.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.