Ta-Nehisi Coates will vote for Bernie Sanders, reparations or no reparations

8 Likes

Does that mean that the conservatives have stopped labelling me as a liberal? Or do my political beliefs just break their brains?

I will admit to the destroying capitalism bit though.

1 Like

If by destruction you mean apotheosis, then well done!

Says you.

6 Likes

Given was a very poor choice of word on my part. My point is that I know of no parallel to those sovereignty rights, however they came about, where African Americans are concerned.

Okay, how about read Coates argument and see what heā€™s saying. Itā€™s not just about slavery. Why not see what heā€™s saying, which is not just about slavery, but about the totality of the African American experience in America.

6 Likes

Is this your considered rebuttal to Coates three pieces on this laying out his case?

7 Likes

Or because comments on the Internet are completely broken (as the popular phrase ā€œDonā€™t read the comments!ā€ attests).

3 Likes

Well, you know white people donā€™t even have to read the arguments before making a rebuttal to a truth-claim, didnā€™t you know? ESPECIALLY on issues of raceā€¦ /s

4 Likes

I didnā€™t say I was any good at it.

1 Like

ā€œSeemsā€ being a word that is most abused of late. Feel free to skip over your thought of reparations being stupid and straight into the substantive portion thatā€™s of any fucken use.

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t it be great to have a system whereby we can ā€œcutā€ a section of a book, essay, article, or video, and then ā€œpasteā€ it into another place where its merits can be discussed in particular?

What am I saying? That canā€™t be done. So letā€™s just stick to empty rhetoric.

I hear thereā€™s an ā€œinternetā€ in development that could help with this, but that sounds dumb and should be scrapped immediately

3 Likes

I know an easy way to pay for reparations!

But how do we convince America that settling itā€™s massive debt to African Americans is some kind of invasion of destabilization of an impoverished countryā€¦

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.