Taiwanese special forces

I’m afraid Georgia wins that contest:

1 Like

bullet hoses never go out of style.

Perhaps that is the future.

Interesting! [quote=“Immutable_Mike, post:42, topic:13227”]
If you want war, dress for war.
[/quote]

Interesting about your council experience, and I agree with your sentiment. The trend for police uniforms seems to be firmly in the “militarized” fashion, which does nothing but add to the populace’s suspicion/fear of the police.
Why does it seem that when people don’t take the Authority figure seriously enough, the Authority figure answers with modes of conduct/language/fashion that double down on attempting to induce fear and intimidation?

1 Like

If this photo was taken in Georgia, why do their shields have “polis” written on them, which is Turkish for “police”? Georgian doesn’t even use the Latin alphabet…

1 Like

Huh. I’m obviously in the wrong place. First thing I thought of was:
Tumblr Blog

1 Like

I can’t be the only one concerned that no faces + no nametags = no accountability.

OK, kind of cool, but not nearly as cool as Jin Roh - The Wolf Brigade.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1364/98/1364985107444.jpg

Well then it happened in Singapore too! I was living in Taiwan, Hsin-Chu, at the time this happened and saw the busted windows at the Museum the next day and saw the Taipei Action News clips. I think I have the English language news paper article on it in a scrap book somewhere too. (My original post got the day of the week wrong, it was on the weekend.) Can’t remember now whether it was the National Museum or the National Museum of History (not the National Palace Museum for sure). I also have the Outer Space Wedding toys but will not reveal here the Dark Bargain I had to make to get them.

Can’t get to the link you posted since I’m not on that surveillance system but from what I gather elsewhere the Singapore promotion was after the Taiwan one (January 2000 vs. August 1999) and the “incident” only involved people leaning against the glass until it broke as opposed to people actively throwing things through the window. No mention of a riot squad over-kill either. Still, a pan-Asian uprising for those seeking their Hello Kitty fix!

http://www.ieatpe.org.tw/tit/tit2_16.htm

“Boing Boing is the web’s favorite zine devoted to the weird, wonderful and wicked things to be found in technology and culture.” “Fox news: fair and balanced world news coverage.” Do you see the difference yet?

The difference is the similarity in that that these days, neither one lives up to their motto very much.

The shotgun in the center of the photo has a muzzle brake that is also suitable for door breeching. It allows the muzzle of the gun to placed right against the door’s lock but it will maintain a gap between the actual muzzle and the door surface to vent enough gas to the sides and avoid bulging the shotgun barrel.

What’s your point?
BoingBoing criticizes Fox News for saying stupid things. I’ve never claimed they shouldn’t.
I criticized BoingBoing for saying stupid things. Someone claimed I shouldn’t.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.