Taking imaginary pills can reduce anxiety

2 Likes

:face_with_spiral_eyes:

This, so much this! This line of reasoning is actually what lead us into having the conversation about placebos as anti-depression treatments. “Am I less depressed this month than I was last month” is so very subjective, especially in a timeline when it’s quite reasonable to be depressed. Even the question of how often I have had intrusive thoughts (e.g., suicidal ideations) can be difficult to pin down. Do you include the times that started when I was trying to determine if I’ve had those kinds of thoughts recently?

And for the record, my current medications do actually seem to be having a positive effect. Depression never really goes away completely, but at least it gets a lot quieter. I’m mostly glad to have the executive dysfunction under control (mostly) as that was seriously interfering with my life!

Oh goodness, no. Nor am I going to try replacing my Novolog with Placebo Brand Insulin anytime soon!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.