Tales from the Wasteland

Ah, Major. Good to see someone’s still up, mind if sit I with you by the fire?

Here, share one of these Zima’s with me. Funny, I’ve been saving this six-pack since it was found in my Paw’s truck, abandoned by the side of the road. I’d always believed I was saving them for a special occasion, a celebration. But a day like today, well, makes me afraid I might not never see another thing to celebrate. Might as well crack a couple while I still can.

I don’t know about you, but this was a Helluva day. I mean, you’ve been in wars and you been in squads and “taken the hill” and all that “Keep Your Pecker Up” sort of thing, so you might think I’m silly for what I’m about to say. But watching Sir De’Ath drive off like that, well, it made me feel something. Now I’ve been on the road solo driving for nearly all my miles, so maybe I don’t know what it’s really like to lose a brother in arms, but I don’t have the words to explain it otherwise.

And that whole damn thing with the dog. You weren’t there, so maybe you’ll think Ole Junior has lost his marbles, but the moment that armor came off and the living being was revealed underneath, the look in Rex’s eyes…I dunno…it was like a good spirit had been released from the evil demons that were controlling him. The strut in his walk, like he was being given a second chance. And then the silly mutt goes and eats killer coachroaches that rot him from the inside. Maybe we all get a shot at redemption, but some of us are just too dumb to make good on it.

Aw hell. Well, I know this is gonna wake everyone up, but if Gonville is still in hearing distance and not Goneville, then he’s most likely stopped for the night. Too dangerous to escape through Hollywood or Riverside or the Southern route at night, when headlights and engine rumble will attract unwanted attention.

And If he’s stopped for the night, then he’ll hear this, and maybe know we’re thinking about him.

[MASSIVE FEEDBACK AS THE SWEET TUBE AMPS IN THE E.A.R.A.C.H.E POWER UP]

IS THIS THI…YES IT IS. I JUST GOT ONE THING TO SAY, ON THIS DARK AND STORMY NIGHT: [I CAN’T HELP QUOTING YOU][1], BECAUSE EVERYTHING YOU SAID RINGS TRUE.

Youtuble link (still not embedding) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBt14glNi6Y

Christ almighty, this Zima sure is terrible. Tastes like someone drank a Nuka-Cola, pissed it out clear back into the bottle.

{Throws the half-bottle of Zima at the side of the rocket, where it shatters in a satisfying shower of glass and malt liquor}

Consider yerself Christened!

Status Update -2 Zimas. 4 left.
[1]: Badass Dragons of the Wasteland - Round 1

5 Likes