Target and Walmart sell these knockoff lowpoly V masks

Originally published at: Target and Walmart sell these knockoff lowpoly V masks | Boing Boing

… in other words: It’s art?

4 Likes

I’d rather the Dali masks and jumpsuit from Money Heist (La Casa de Papel)

la casa de papel GIF by NETFLIX

11 Likes

I don’t want one.

1 Like

An Epic Fail Mask.

2 Likes
1 Like

So why isn’t that your profile pic instead?

2 Likes

“Oh noes… a big corporation is ripping off another corporation after that corporation have the balls to rip me off. Oh the humanity” - Alan Moore probably

3 Likes

V for Vendetta actually goes back nearly 40 years, having first appeared (along with a couple of other Alan Moore titles) in Warrior, a monthly British comic magazine in 1982.

8 Likes

It looks like its from Fortnight. Is this in Fortnight?

Another member of the mashup ingredient list that @beschizza could have mentioned is my design, which Deni helped make go semi-viral when she posted about it on BB in 2012. It was most downloaded design on Thingiverse for years, and helped inspire an Etsy industry, including people straight-up selling my work. This isn’t the first time a commercial product has looked like it was made by taking my work and making a few adjustments. Also, if you go to the Thingiverse design and click on “remixes” you’ll see other people have made Guy Fawkes versions for years.

4 Likes

Adding it to the post!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.