Tennesee abortion ban would allow rapists' families to sue victims who get abortions

Originally published at: Tennesee abortion ban would allow rapists' families to sue victims who get abortions | Boing Boing

10 Likes

I think this sums up the problem nicely…

Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

33 Likes

As expected, the death cult has a uniquely depraved view of the “right to life”.

36 Likes

43 Likes

This is a horrible bill to push upon the public, but it’s important to remember that what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. I imagine folks are going to be watching closely for evidence of GOP-affiliated persons connected to an abortion if this passes.

20 Likes

episode sucks

Time for our friend again:

41 Likes

I was thinking Handmaid’s Tale more than Black Mirror, but yeah.

13 Likes

Watching and inevitably finding. Of course the rubes will swallow whatever excuses the hypocrites come up with. Then comes the sudden and selective re-discovery of the Christian virtue of forgiveness that they so often deny to anyone who isn’t a white cis-het male conservative Xtianist.

29 Likes

Thank you for your kind indulgence.

6 Likes

Of course all Tennessee Republicans are such upstanding citizens* none of them would have anything to do with an abortion or even do anything remotely improper. Oh, wait…

*Sarcasm, obviously, but just in case it’s not clear.

25 Likes
3 Likes

“Who would Jesus rape and then sue for damages?”

Republican Jesus is a sick fuck.

19 Likes

Also: need to criminalize (or require shaming regulations) for sale/distribution of boner pills.

Perhaps all boner pill prescription requires an in-person doctor visit where your doctor needs you to listen to mandatory text and watch mandatory ultrasounds of babies, because ejaculation can cause impregnation. Perhaps a 48-hour waiting period before any dispensing of boner pills?

23 Likes

Remember, and this should be posted everywhere in 72 point arial black:

THE CRUELTY IS THE POINT.

26 Likes

For the followers, for sure. For the leaders, the cruelty is their path to power.

13 Likes

And of course, she’s shut down all replies on Twitter. You know, just like someone who stands by their opinions and can defend their positions. What an asshole.

13 Likes

@beschizza , can you point to Democrats who are supportive or neutral of the Tennessee bill? Anyone I’ve heard of who isn’t clearly opposed? Senator Manchin in WV has blocked expanding abortion rights laws, but he’s not exactly in good standing with the party right now. I don’t see how anyone can look at abortion rights and conclude that the Democratic party are ambivalent on this issue.

The anger and pain, I get it. But let’s not theres-no-difference this when there’s a clear partisan split.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Their power comes from taking away the power of others. And as despots the world over have known for ages, underserved cruelty is wonderful at removing power from the masses.

7 Likes

Yeah, this is pretty much tantamount to the same ‘breeding vessels’ shit the Handmaiden’s Tale described. Another fictional warning to civilisation now being turned into an operations manual by those who would deny us our civil rights, our human rights, our humanity and who will ultimately destroy whatever passes for civilisation if they are not stopped.

16 Likes