Tennessee couple wake to find strange dog asleep with them in bed

Perhaps they were surprised to wake up cuddling a dog instead of the usual raccoons and opossums.

4 Likes

What a classic situation!

4 Likes

Obviously, the other dogs let him in for their sleepover party.

9 Likes

Reminds me of Erma Bombeck describing how all of the suburban houses look alike in The Grass Is Always Greener over the Septic Tank. IIRC, children wandered into neighbors’ homes on a regular basis. :laughing:

5 Likes

Given that the couple were dog owners already it seems likely that they just had a dog door in the back which hadn’t been closed up for the night rather than leaving the back door wide open.

3 Likes

I didn’t watch the video until this evening at home. Not mentioned in the text of the story was the fact that Nala has two moms. Best of all, Julie, from the home where Nala woke up, stated so just like she might describe any other couple of dog parents and said that the entire pack of four humans and eight dogs were already planning play dates, so yay for new friends. I really hate to get excited about things like that which should be common and unremarkable, but it’s feeling rare right now.

5 Likes

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.