Dog ejected from car crash found days later at sheep farm, herding them

Originally published at: Dog ejected from car crash found days later at sheep farm, herding them | Boing Boing

15 Likes

Just Wait Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

That’s what these puppers were born to do!

16 Likes

I bet that newfound sense of belonging and power felt like Harry Potter discovering he was a wizard or Luke Skywalker learning his father was a Jedi. This feels… right!

25 Likes

He gave himself a job on the Potter’s farm and went straight to work.

Tilly just herd that government unemployment subsidies were going away and figured it was time to find a job, right?

4 Likes

You do the job and then you get fed.

(And if that doesn’t work, go back to older roots.)

6 Likes

So why didn’t the dog stay with the car, or near it? Seems a little too eager to “start a new life”

4 Likes

The dog might have been thinking, “I’ve died and gone to heaven!”

15 Likes

Yes, I feel sorry that the dog must go back to normal house living after discovering all this exciting life! Apparently herding was a bigger instinct than finding her « owner », so maybe there is something to explore. A herding club with weekly seances for urban dogs, maybe?

8 Likes

makes sense to me – sometimes traumatic life events can make you rethink your life decisions, and you make changes.

16 Likes

Neighbours of ours had a border collie years ago. If we stood talking to them while our kids played on the lawn, the dog would run around trying to herd the kids into a tight flock centred on the adults.

14 Likes

Was last seen herding home.

6 Likes

This term has shown up a couple of times recently and it bothers me somewhat. Cars have only one location for a windshield and that’s at the front of the passenger compartment. The back window or backlight is the one at the rear.

4 Likes

It can be a windshield. You’re just not driving in reverse fast enough! (/s, I agree. It’s a back window)

5 Likes

Clearly you haven’t met Pippa Garner (and yeah I know this isn’t a good idea, but…):
backwards1APippaGarner

Oh, Tilly used he/him pronouns. He must be named after Field Marshal Tilly then.

3 Likes

Now where was my all time favorite dog herding video… ?

Ahh yess.

8 Likes

Probably some of the best days of his young life so far.

1 Like

I grew up in a rural area but the first time I ever saw an Australian Shepherd was in the US. Then totally unknown in Australia, they are really some kind of US show breed. Go out on a farm and the only dogs you’d find were blue heelers, kelpies and some collies

2 Likes

Had border collies on a vineyard…

They herd it on the grapevine

(so very sorry)

8 Likes

How much longer 'til you’ll be wine.

2 Likes