That sea salt you bought probably has microplastics in it

Then you end up with artisanal plastics, made from handmade, all natural, and gluten free polymers.

4 Likes

Dammit and all this time I thinking this stuff’s the blessed kind. Oh well, blessed or not kosher salt has THE best texture for many of my culinary applications – kind of like spring graupel.

2 Likes

Um, yeah… pre-ground black pepper is full of spider bits.

4 Likes

I like plastics alright… but they go right through me.

2 Likes

Ok, maybe it’s not stated explicitly, and maybe I’m reading something into it that’s not there, but the tone of the post is most certainly sarcastic.

Tell me how else to interpret,

“Microplastic: it’s what’s for dinner!”, and
“It’s OK, though, because we can eat 37 of these a year without incident, or so they say.”

How do you get your “iodide, a necessary nutrient?”

Not sure if you were being sarcastic lol I don’t worry about it but checking for sources in Iodine i see that milk, fish, eggs, certain vegetables, white bread, cheese, etc. are all good sources. These are all ingredients i consume regularly so it’s not a concern :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m guessing pure liquid foods come with extra special odds and ends

1 Like

That’s usually called rock salt, and it’s cheaper than sea salt. It’s what I buy.

Now we find out it is probably safer than sea salt too

MMMM…spider bits.

3 Likes

…which is allowed, by law, to contain a certain amount a rat feces (apparently it is simply too difficult to tell the difference to get it all out).

2 Likes

LOL! Of course, everything else has too!

You might want to look at this study as a harbinger of more bad news ahead; i.e., plastic microparticles everywhere. E.g., plastic in rocks, plastic in other food.

2 Likes

that’s what I’ve learnt
that’s why everything has child-proof seals

Good news then! As plastic is usually carbon-based it is indeed organic!

2 Likes

just to nit pick, pickling salt is also much finer than the other two you listed

1 Like

I did always like the “Kosher for Passover” that graces the boxes once a year

1 Like

Thank you for that. I was thinking it was about time I looked up the difference myself. And now I’ve discovered a new website to lose time in. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.