That time the Gilligan's Island castaways battled Batman on the Family Feud

Originally published at: That time the Gilligan's Island castaways battled Batman on the Family Feud | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Speaking for my geeky self, this is better than “Battle of the Network Stars”.

5 Likes

Cool, so they finally DID get off the island.

Good for them.

10 Likes

Baccus did his Mister Magoo voice!

despicable me what GIF

6 Likes

You’re going to force us to watch the video to learn which side won?? you dastardly fiend you!

4 Likes

Or they were transported right back to the island after the show was done.

3 Likes

That was such a fun walk down a memory hole. Loved seeing all their faces and hearing their voices, so many of which are no longer with us.

Although can I just say, watching Richard Dawson get sent into a wall in The Running Man made up for years of watching his somewhat sleazy game show hosting. Never could stand the man.

And yes, Jim did Mr. Magoo voice!

1 Like

Given that Batman’s family’s dead, I’m gonna put my money on the castaways.

He appears on a religious LP I have-- they tapped him to be the voice of God (Old Testament Jehovah only.)

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Truth-Of-Truths/release/2934843
(note the comment at the bottom: "If you are a baby boomer forget this album because you will never get past the notion that God is really Mister Magoo. ")

2 Likes

I’m sure at the time I didn’t think anything of it, but watching now how Dawson is overly eager to grab the women by the shoulders and take a kiss on the lips is super off-putting. But I still enjoyed the walk down memory lane.

I guess air travel has really improved because insurance is not the first thing I think of buying before getting on a plane.

1 Like

Gilligan’s Island is one of those few US TV popular culture entries that often draws a blank in the UK. Growing up in the 70s/80’s the screen were awash with I dream of Genie, The Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched, St Bilko, * ,The Brady Bunch, The Honeymooners, The Addams Family, Car 54, Where Are You?, Hogan’s Heroes, Get Smart, The Munsters, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Monkees, Mister Ed, and everything Hanna-Barbara - all with extensive re-runs

But never Gilligan. It had 13 airings in 1965 - That was it.

Seeing and hearing Alan Hale with his skipper hat brought an immediate smile to my face. Having Vincent Price there was a nice bonus!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.