The 10 tactics of fascism

Originally published at: The 10 tactics of fascism | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Good video. For more detail on what fascism looks like in America, I recommend American Fascists by Chris Hedges.

8 Likes

Eco on Ur Fascism is also a must-read.

And this is a good short film.

I have a good idea why right-wing populism is crawling out from under the paving stones in the West again, but it’s such a toxic ideology with such an awful track record that I sometimes also respond with the bemused resignation of Michael in The Good Place:

Look, there are plenty of awful people and thoughtless jerks. And I guess Nazis … again … somehow.

16 Likes

Agreed.

My first encounter with Eco’s essay was in American Fascists. Hedges excerpts Fourteen Ways of Looking at a Black Shirt in his preface.

6 Likes

I’d add Jason Stanley’s recent book to that, too:

12 Likes

the 10 tactics, we has dem

6 Likes

Large Corporate and Banking Interests: Proud sponsors of Fascism since 1933.

7 Likes

Interesting film. I’d like to know who wrote and directed it. Some very prominent film directors worked on these types of films for the war department. This one looks like it might be one. It certainly wasn’t directed by a hack.
Netflix has a good series “Five Came Back” about this sort of film.

(Sorry to hijack the thread.)

4 Likes

Not sure about the director. Just read that Paul Lukas, who played the Hungarian refugee, won an Oscar for Watch on the Rhein (and was, himself, Hungarian).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.