The 11foot8+8 bridge claims another victim

8 Likes

I’m new to low bridge bingo.

3 Likes

The squares are populated with stuff that tends to come up in these threads, without necessarily intending to reflect fundamental truths. And naturally, not every square applies in every crash. To that end, in the example you highlight, while there are definitely specialty GPS units that include overhead clearance, the kind of bog-standard driving assistance that someone renting a Penske truck would have on their phone probably does not have these details.

I also sometimes treat some of the squares as categories, where the text provided serves as a sort of exemplar for recurring conversational themes. Any argument about a party responsible for infrastructure shirking on its duty to improve the situation would get lumped into the “The City is not responsible for doing anything” square, for example. The exact parameters for doing this are not documented or even concrete, but I try to make it reasonable and fun (at least, fun for me).*

* (Your mileage may vary. No user-serviceable parts. Offer void in Nebraska.)

8 Likes

Here, to help fill out the card, have an even lower bridge:

6 Likes

Not Penske material.

5 Likes

Has anyone considered making trucks malleable enough that they can squeeze their way under the bridge?

That idea isn’t taken, right?

10 Likes

_rt1S9

14 Likes

He would have gotten away with it, too; if’n it wasn’t for us Penske kids.

You sank my battleship!

6 Likes
8 Likes

I was thinking a big poster at local truck rental places with a picture(s) of the bridge from street level and bold red text saying You will NOT fit under this bridge. That might cut down on one or two crashes, although I’m sure not all of them.

Maybe “rental places should warn people” should be a new spot on the bingo sheet?

5 Likes

There are the squares about renting a Ryder truck, rental insurance not covering overhead collisions, and the one about the driver forgetting he’s driving a truck. Really, though, a lot falls under that free square in the middle.

3 Likes

… and then presumably add 3-4 inches to be on the conservative side, I’m assuming?

2 Likes

Working hard to save you the clickthru -

5 Likes

I’m picturing a wall at the rental depot with a heading reading “DURHAM’S MOST WANTED”.

4 Likes

Wow, immediate “Don’t Hug Me, I’m Scared” flashbacks.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.