The adorable scamps of the Republican Circus

Do you think BBS’s servers can handle it?

19 Likes

Please define.

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I’m guessing you know jack and shit about MLKs actual view points on racism in America.

No. Because it’s not.

Come On Reaction GIF

They can’t or won’t.

Nick Offerman Giggles GIF

25 Likes

“Still problems” is a hell of a way to refer to things like how synagogue attacks have been on the rise, or a deadly pandemic just fell totally disproportionately on certain races, or how America’s last president literally started taking away children and putting them in cages based on race. How much more could you declare that you’re in a position of privilege than minimizing those – and yet “woke” people are supposed to be a problem for honestly pointing that out?

“The problems of racial injustice and economic injustice cannot be solved without a radical redistribution of political and economic power.” –MLK, who believe it or not said more than one thing in his life.

While you are both-sidesing this, we have actual Nazis in the streets. Do better.

27 Likes

Confused Little Girl GIF

Everybody above has already covered the pertinent details.

22 Likes

Newsflash:

The devil already has more than enough ‘advocates,’ as well as plenty of money to pay them; you don’t need to offer your services for free.

Please refrain from deigning to speak for a dead civil right’s leader; it’s not only audacious and disingenuous, it’s disrespectful as fuck.

24 Likes

dood forgot their Reddit password.

1 Like

Classical liberalism is neither.

It was invented by Friedrich Hayek in his 1944 book The Road to Serfdom, with a later clarification in 1956 defining what he meant by the term. Popularized in the Reagan years, and later retconned to make it seem like there was a well-understood line between liberalism and social liberalism from the start , rather than an invention of the 20th century by cherry-picking people and ideas.

The Wikipedia article is a disgrace, and I suspect a dump of editor IP addresses would heavily feature Koch-funded institutions.

15 Likes

Maybe one more…

US citizens are clamoring for fair treatment in the workplace, because it’s all too apparent the strain is too much. Also, citizens from other countries are quite literally beating at our doors to be let in.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

14 Likes

Yeah. Free market fundies say “free market! Free market! Free market!” Until there’s low unemployment, then they blame workers picking and choosing higher paying, lower stress jobs for inflation.

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

20 Likes

Woke good! Me like!

Woke make bad people angry. Woke make dumb people scared.

16 Likes

Good hack! You used ChatGPT for that, right?

1 Like

OTOH…

That’s why if you say a word against Family Circus to me if I’ve had a few drinks I will slug you so hard.

Someone did this at least once in the newspaper at UT-Austin, e.g. “Can you help Billy get to the Registrar’s office before registration closes for next semester?”

It had Billy going around campus, pointing out interesting/weird/overlooked places like a dissected cat on display, various graffiti* etc. Finally Billy arrives at the Registrar. “Sorry Billy, registration’s closed! Oh well, better luck next semester!”

*My favorite: “For the love of God, Montresor!” inscribed on an inexplicably sealed-up doorway. Always keep a sticky note and/or Sharpie handy in case you encounter a sealed-up doorway in the wild. I did this at work and a couple of people finally got it (and explained it to those who thought I was merely losing it).

Actually I’ve been digging Popeye lately. It replaced a historical comic a few months ago when that artist retired. The new Nancy has been covered here on BoingBoing.

10 Likes

ChatGPT is known for generating bullshit disconnected from reality. I was being snide.

3 Likes

Was the prompt “…in the style of Ben Shapiro but with an IQ of 70?”

9 Likes

So you want the text to be a little more intelligent than usual?

5 Likes

I haven’t really seen the new popeye, but it’s now being run by Randy Milholland of “Something Positive.”

https://somethingpositive.net/

2 Likes

Is the “IQ of 70” an attempt to make it smarter than the meatspace Ben Shapiro?

6 Likes

OH man, I want to see that!

I made comic of the Cask of Amontillado in middle school!

4 Likes

Dude! Cool!
14 15 replies!
I’ve never received 15 replies on anything here.
I need to take a leaf out of your book.

Checks answered post: ‘Oh, it does look like a book’.
My days of essays are over. Screw that, I’ll never hit that kind of record.

(I know that was probs a lot of snark, sue me for being in a mood).

5 Likes

It’s possible I still have the comic squirreled away somewhere…

For context (I’m not sure this is going to make sense), there were two adjacent doorways; one of them had one or two steps down, but then it was just sealed up – that’s where someone graffito’d(?) the Poe quote. (Both doorways would’ve led to the same place, hence the mystery of sealing it up in the first place & its appearance in the Little Billy comic.) Just in case anyone’s familiar with it, this was in Battle Hall at UT. (Just found out that Cass Gilbert designed the bldg.)

1 Like