The All Purpose Everything Sauce: an AI-generated commercial straight out of Hell

Originally published at: The All Purpose Everything Sauce: an AI-generated commercial straight out of Hell | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Here’s a dubious analogy worth every penny you paid for it: Early linguistic database ‘AI’ efforts of oh… 1966-1988 attempted to logically program an ‘understanding’ of the world from the bottom up. This produced only simple yet relatively accurate dialogs (“Why did fred take a gun into the woods?” to which hunting was often statistically concluded). The more recent efforts are much less didactic and more …immersive? Perhaps ‘top down’, (“Let’s parse all 7 petabytes of reddit into language model!”) The result (it seems) is often inaccurate yet offering fairly complex possibilities. (“egads, how could anything born of reddit be …‘inaccurate’? [wink]”) And so, as with this particularly piquant Popkin posting we see that the ‘A.I.’ doesn’t really understand how a human mouth works …nor, perhaps will it ever?

3 Likes

I have All Purpose Everything Sauce on my Cronenburgers.

8 Likes

Oh yeah, they have All Purpose Everything Sauce at the Pepperoni Hug Spot! It’s like family, but with more cheese.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t know. I like All-Purpose Sauce

(Not that I knew that it contains liver! I don’t mind, I eat Leberwurst and liver paté all the time. Just an interesting fact.)

2 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

The only people of color are 1970s disco-style Black dancers?

1 Like

Anyone can now make a fun video in minutes with music, voices and moving images, though the process can be convoluted at the moment. An interesting exercise is to use “bark” to make a bunch of audio clips and put them together in the style of the opening segment of the “Hour of slack”. Speaking of that, I was pleased to learn that Rev. Ivan Stang from the Church of the Subgenius is going at it with video AI tools.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.