'The Amazing Spiderman Web Shooter' was a favorite childhood toy

As am I. I shudder to think of the many times I could have killed myself doing all the stupid shit I did as a kid.

2 Likes

So many great things from that period! Of course, my personal favorite toy (after my Star Wars landspeeder and x-wing fighter) was my Evil Knievel stunt cycle. But for real damage, you needed those original steel-tipped lawn darts. Suckers would go right through your foot.

On reflection, maybe it’s better now…

1 Like

I remember my aunt wearing a pair of deely-boppers(?) on her head and 7-year old me said “I like your knockers.”

I’m 44 now and I still get reminded of that annually.

4 Likes

Got a stringless version in a Machine Men (Aussie Go-Bots) showbag when I was a 9. It was the only toy my mum ever confiscated from me, and it made me angry enough that I’m still ranting about it on the internet 30-something years later.

1 Like

Oh, sure, bring up “facts”. Glass sounds more hard-core. If we go with plastic, let’s at least say it was toxic or something.

Honestly I had to look it up. I remembered them being plastic but I also remembered then being pretty smashable. And like I said I was dealing with left overs and “safe” versions.

It sounds like they were made of a plastic that would shatter more agressively than glass. “Explode” is the way they describe it.

1 Like

May I quote the last sentence out of context?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.