"the benefits of being an ethnostate"

You wouldn’t know it from listening to some of them, who like to claim they are being white genocide… which, they are not.

12 Likes

I was just thinking that a JimJim post is the equivalent to someone knocking on your door late Friday night and leaving for you to find a bag of flaming shit. The dumpster is another apt image. Hats of to those that have the energy to deal with the messes he leaves behind.

8 Likes

Left behind; past tense.

And dontcha’ come back, no mo’…

11 Likes

Oh nice. It’s about time. ByeBye!

10 Likes

You made me think of this… Good grief, must’ve been 45 years ago when I saw it:

4 Likes

even that’s not quite right, because we are all right here already.

i mean it’s not remotely like the us was ever a “white ethnostate” that is only now suddenly being invaded.

no one group has a unique claim to the continent. well… except for american indians, of course. and nobody seems to be willing to let them have the land back.

7 Likes

People often ask “what’s the business case for diversity?”

My new answer is can you show me the business case for white guys getting centuries of privilege?

12 Likes

I ain’t agreeing with it, just saying that that this is the reasoning I found. I never put the question to them myself—life’s too short for arguing with ethno-anything (except maybe -logists)—but I imagine that they believe we should segregate until there are homelands for everyone. For certain values of ‘everyone,’ I’m sure.

I remember that one. It’s staggering how brutally obvious it is that being different is an opportunity to draw on one another strengths.

3 Likes

Well that’s not right, the US gov was pretty explicitly an ethnostate for the first 75 years.

And certainly post civil war whites have done their best to segregate/concentrate/ghettoize/deport/imprison as many POC as possible.

Literally until the 60’s official government policy focused on eradicating native identity. How is that not the behavior of an ethnostate?

No, because non-angelo-saxons existed within the United states. Just because the constitution was written to exclude certain groups, doesn’t mean they magically stopped existing or having an influence on events in US history.

And have failed, because they are still here. An attempt to MAKE an ethno-state doesn’t mean that it is.

11 Likes

I think we are quibbling at the edges-
Of course the United States has never successfully become a complete ethnostate. Neither did Nazi Germany or South Africa.

But restricting citizenship to whites, committing mass genocide, forced removal, or at best, forced assimilation against natives, coupled with black slavery in my book = white ethnostate.

1 Like

I think it’s trying to make it one and failing.

[ETA] My generally argument is that even when attempting to build such a thing, it’s never existed in history. It’s not a thing you can have, especially in the modern era, where so many people have moved or been FORCED to move around the world on the various imperial networks created by some European powers and the US. The very existence of white supremacy requires the other to work in the first place - whites need someone to be in opposition with in order to claim that they are the supreme form of humanity. So even among those who wish to build an ethno-state, it’s a pipedream, because you need the existence of the other to make it viable.

6 Likes

Well I’d ask you this- is it the behavior of the system that defines it or is it the results? I really feel like that’s kind of a chicken/egg thing.

I’m not sure that’s a question that makes sense, as systems can’t behave in any way - they are not people. People make up systems and make it function. So we’re really talking about their behaviors. And even at the nadir of race relations, there were always some whites who went against the grain of the system and refused (few and far between at times, but still). Again, the entire system is built on the politics of difference and supremacy, so the people in it need someone to compare themselves against and to feel superior to. Even at the height of segregation in the American south, the races were far more intimate and in proximity than most people understand. The entire concept if a lie on its face, due to that.

7 Likes

The problem with an ethnostate is that once they have it, they won’t relax and kick back. They’ll keep finding smaller nits to pick, questioning each other’s “purity”.

6 Likes

I disagree.

What you are describing is literally apartheid, whereas an “ethnostate” is a literal society where only one ethnicity exists and has influence.

Mindy’s correct; the attempt to create a true ethnostate has been made repeatedly… but it will never succeed, because that’s just not how humans function.

12 Likes

Sheesh :disappointed_relieved:

Yes I agree that achieving 100% “racially pure” ethnostate is impossible.

But I believe there’s a lot of grey area. The founders set up a government by, for, and of rich white men, for the benefit only of whites.

I think that they failed isn’t really the point.

YMMV

Systems most certainly affect those behaviors, and that affect is more what I’m talking about.

FYI; it’s okay to just let this topic go, rather than arguing semantics needlessly.

The proponent who is in favor of a White ethnostate has left the building (thankfully.)

15 Likes

Apartheid is a step along the path to an ethnostate. Fascist logic inevitably concludes with a final solution, the final step towards the ethnostate.

Ethnostates have always been a product of fascist and proto fascist ideology. As such, they are theoretically fundamentally irrational and thus can not exist.

1 Like