Steve King's racism finally catches up with him, House GOP may kick him off committee seats

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/14/steve-king-is-a-racist.html

6 Likes

It’s a start.

How about expelling him? Or refusing to seat him?

21 Likes

THIS. or how about just even openly saying “This guy is a racist asshole and the people who voted for him should be ashamed”

Isn’t this what they said was great about Nostradumbass? “He tells it like it is!!” OK…TELL IT LIKE IT IS at the very least!

11 Likes

Because the GOP could never actually be tough on racists, they just have to be for appearances sake

18 Likes

Well, they kicked him off all committees. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. It’s not sufficient, but still more than I ever thought I would see from the Republicans.

19 Likes

It would be nice to see the GOP finally kicking out a white nationalist*. If they can acknowledge that advocacy for (or JAQing off about the benefits of) an ethnostate that formally discriminates against people based on skin colour or ethnicity is not acceptable, perhaps others peddling that discredited idea might find themselves denied a respectable platform.

[* ETA: a racist. Same thing]

10 Likes

Ethnostate? But whites aren’t ethnics; they’re normal. /S

15 Likes

might catch up to him. Let us know when he’s actually kicked out of any committees.

3 Likes
6 Likes

As of a few minutes ago, reporting is saying he’s off ALL of the committees he’d been on. Finally.

13 Likes

Well, it only took 18 yrs, how long till the rest of the white nationalists in the rest of the congressional GOP are stripped of their assignments?

(This is a penalty for shedding the veil, little else)

18 Likes

Why the euphemism? Too PC to call a bigot a bigot?

1 Like

Just the opposite, as my comment history will show. White nationalism is racism, and is the term King used to describe himself (because these blowhards are too cowardly to own what they really are).

[I appreciate your comment, and have edited my comment above to clarify]

14 Likes

Call this asshole on live TV what he is.

This is what my country produces on one side- human filth. We are supposed to be better than this, especially beyond all doubt at the level of Congressman.

Pathetic, America, pathetic.

4 Likes

Like Louie Gohmert but not as bright… and more evil.

3 Likes

Inexplicably, shame still works. Eventually. I guess.

13 Likes

More fear, cowardice and hypocrisy, which combination substitutes for shame with Cruz and his ilk.

5 Likes

Steve King’s racism finally catches up with him, House GOP SHOULD kick him off committee seats

FIFY!

3 Likes

I’m sure he, and his voters, will just see this as more work by the politically-correct, radial-left thought police.

5 Likes

It’s not a euphemism.

It refers to a specific flavor of bigotry.

Just like it’s not a euphemism when we specify that some one is a homophobe or a misogynist.

12 Likes