The Black Panther teaser trailer looks amazing

IO9 has a pretty good breakdown of what everything is- Gives the basic info on stuff that looks to directly mirror or diverge from the comics. For example, in the comics, Wakanda sounds all super secret hidden and isolationist, but in the movie, they belong to the UN but actually maintain a facade of being a third world country.

There’s also a primer on the character-

3 Likes

Scarlett Johansson has a pretty good sense of humor about that omission.

8 Likes

3 Likes

This looks promising.

Angela Bassett totally should have been Storm.

7 Likes

Still should be IMHO. If Logan can stumble through a Marvel Comics remake of Shane, Storm can drop some weather on the nouveau superheroes.

3 Likes

John Reed shows up in the Marvel Universe? I know there’s that indirect connection to Wonder Woman via Margaret Sanger, but isn’t that DC, not Marvel?

1 Like

That’s what Reds needed! Infinity Gems!

1 Like

RTJ in that!

WOOOO! (step into the spotlight)

Would Colossus be fighting for the White Russians or the Red Army? Or is he more of an anarchist type?

Probably an Emma Goldman follower/reader…

I haven’t seen the nuStorm, but I wanted Samira Wiley for the part. She’s got the look. I hear the new actor is pretty good though. Anyone’s better than Halle Berry, but that’s not saying much.

1 Like

I could see that.

Eh, I liked Halle Berry in the original film. But then my favorite Marvel movies are still X1, First Class and Days of Future Past. Oddly, I don’t care for anything else by Bryan Singer. On the other hand, Alexandra Shipp might have been a decent Storm, but they gave her hardly any lines in the new trilogy.

Now that DC has thrown down the gauntlet of not blocking female superhero movies, I’d like to see a Storm movie. She’s much more interesting than WW as a character, IMHO. Then again, the Mutants have always been my favorite superheroes because their stories are built on their interactions instead of their own ego-driven (pun totally intended) hero’s journeys. I’d rather watch stories about communities than a bunch of loners forced together for two hours. Okay, mini-rant over :grimacing:

One thing someone pointed out to me, is the saturation of this movie looks higher and much more colorful. Which is ironic as the main hero’s costume is mostly black, but I welcome the bright colors. Bring it on, and others take note.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.