The Challenge Vault: a locksport training tool and mechanical puzzle that teaches you to be a safecracker

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/22/dont-touch-that-dial-2.html

2 Likes

That looks really nice, but at a value of $129 it’s just over the secret santa budget we set at €20 this year :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Cory i will not believe this is effective until you get @beschizza to test this out.

5 Likes

Need to hide a safe made of Platinum in Rob’s house and wait for him to think it’s worthless when he opens it up and finds it empty. Well, maybe just make the opening handle platinum… :thinking:

(“There’s always money in the banana stand dial safe.” [wink])

1 Like

This is the kind of product I’d like to find at the Boing Boing Store.

2 Likes

giphy%20(7)

giphy%20(6)

2TCk

2c9e5562ba018f448aa0f2ba463f81f7

4 Likes

That looks like fun, but I’m not sure who I would give it to. Also, it’s a bit outside my individual Christmas budget range. Hmm. I’ll have to see if they have options in my price range, and use those to find out who in my family will enjoy this. I’m betting my brother and youngest daughter would.

sparrow says
“Q: Once open can I keep things inside it … like a lighter and grinder?
A: It’s pretty full inside already with the wheel pack and tools.”

Why would I “test this out” when you lot will crowdfund a locksmith irrespective of my blithe, sadistic disinterest?

3 Likes

Never has Rob said a truer thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, I’ll go ahead and “buy a few of them” at $129 a pop. I mean, it’s cool, but come on now.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.