The correct pronunciation of German camera stuff

Well if you ever need audio of someone summoning eldritch gods for your short film you could do worse than his listing of
Noctilux, Summilux, Summicron, Summaron, Elmar, Elmarit, Thambar und Telyt

Video cued up:

3 Likes
5 Likes

IKEA__Accidentally summoning The Old Ones

9 Likes

Ich nehme meinen Bodybag und geh’ zum Public Viewing…

1 Like

Christoph Waltz pronounces the first letter of Sitzpinkler as a voiceless alveolar fricative. This is incorrect in both High and Low German and gives away his hailing from an alpine valley immediately.

4 Likes

That’s the name of my band. Well, more of a mime trio with percussion

6 Likes

That’s how I pronounce it, too? What would be the “correct” way?

Voiced?

1 Like

Alas, I heve been living in Germany for years, and yet I must confess I don’t know what you are talking about. Must be because my Deutsch is pretty terrible… so isch leider.

Sitzen. Like the English zit, not like sit.
The German consonant “ s ,” in front of a vowel, is pronounced like an English “z” (as in “zipper”). It is voiced and soft. Following a vowel, the “ s ” is pronounced like an English “ s ” (as in “snow”), unvoiced and hard.

3 Likes

Most native German speakers use a mixture of High German and their respective regional dialect in normal communication.
This adds flavor and charm.
Du lernst von deinem Umfeld. Isso.

1 Like

Well, I don’t do it that way. I wouldn’t consider myself alpine however.

That video cheats so hard! They use nearly all latinate rather than Germanic words in English. A bit of Dutch in there as a balance and a smattering of non Latin English words and it would be quite different.

1 Like

That explains the initial Capital on every Noun.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.