The estate of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle filed a lawsuit against "Enola Holmes" for having emotions

As my friend and partner in crime, Les Klinger, says above, the web site Free-Sherlock (free-sherlock dot com/ ) has a history of his dealings with the “Conan Doyle Estate.” Judge Posner’s court of appeals ruling makes for some interesting reading. And yes, the US Supreme Court agreed, that Sherlock is Free (except for the last ten, now eight, stories.)

10 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing! :star_struck:

I’m not one who writes fan letters, so I’m delighted to have a chance to express my thanks and appreciation for your work. I’ve read all but the most recent two of your Russell/Holmes novels, and I look forward to many more.

4 Likes

Thanks for that recommendation. The judges really didn’t seem impressed with the estate at all.

The reply in the current case must have been fun to draft.

The third sentence there counts as legal humour. Of the “fuck you, pal” kind admittedly but still.

2 Likes

The very best kind.

Nitpick: It was Conan Doyle’s son, not his father, who was killed in WW1.

2 Likes

Yes the typo does rather spoil it.

3 Likes

It’s only kind of not a thing. That is David Suchet, after all…

1 Like

:woman_facepalming: OK, didn’t get it at first… Thanks!

@vrplumber No, sure. I meant, I’d love to see a gender-bent Poirot specifically. Would be interesting to see his mannerisms translated… Admittedly, this could also fail colossally :wink:

1 Like

giphy

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.