The Fart Pedal: guitar pedal makes everything sound flatulent

Originally published at: The Fart Pedal: guitar pedal makes everything sound flatulent | Boing Boing

4 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks Thom, I needed a laugh. This is hilarious.

4 Likes

That dry/wet switch kills me.

9 Likes

Many times I’ve longed for a personal wet/dry switch.

6 Likes

“Plug your guitar (or other audio source!) in…and whatever you play will sound like a big ol’ fart.”

Some of us don’t need a pedal for that.

4 Likes

I love this clip. Also, if you look up the word “merken,” the music teacher’s name, it has a fairly funny definition (if you didn’t already know).

Obligatory LMNC. For people more on synths than guitars.

4 Likes

… I want this for my b(ass). Will look up the Kickstarter when I get home :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Merken is a smoked chilli pepper.

Did you mean merkin?

It does not sound very tuneful, though, more like random fart sounds. Farts can be tuneful, you know.

As long as Emily Hopkins gets to review it.

3 Likes

I’m just gonna drop this here

7 Likes

Friends who make things like this are the sorts of friends that you need in your life.

3 Likes

Love it, and way better value than the last guitar pedal discussed on BB.

tenor

1 Like

What kind of amateur needs a pedal for this? On another note, I didn’t realize I was a musician.

1 Like

The anus is the smartest muscle or group of muscles in the human body as it is able to relay to the brain the difference between a solid a liquid and a gas.

I hope this project respects and further promotes the brash and yet sometimes nuanced musical sounds available to all of us that walk this earth on two or four legs.

Do fish fart?

2 Likes

Not smart muscles, it’s the nerves in your lower intenstine and colon that do that. Which is why Olestra was so disasterous, it didn’t feel like a liquid (cuz it’s a lipid), so it got classified as gas, as the three things it detects are solid, water and air, not liquid.

2 Likes
1 Like

Really??

That’s all I had in my back pocket re witty repartee for cocktail parties until Mr P Dant strolls in and debunks my ‘lifting of the anus’ to noteworthy status!!

It would be inappropriate to suggest your comment stinks or has an ‘air’ of elitism that only plays in certain circles.

You are one cheeky bugger good sir… and I can say this with a ring of confidence.

2 Likes