The first book collecting the new Nancy comic is incredibly, fantastically, impossibly great

The new Nancy is all about deconstructionism, meta jokes, and anti-humor. I love that sort of thing, but it’s not everybody’s bag.

Can something be done about these new integrated animated popup ads that completely obscure all the images in a post for several and then cover the lower quarter until you click an X on each individual ad? I have my ad blockers disabled for BB, but these abominations are making me want to turn it back on.

3 Likes

That’s why you have to have the ad blocker turned on. I use Wipr and don’t have any ads on boingboing.

But who knows how to stop the goddamn auto-loading and playing videos that ruin avclub?

5 Likes

I would prefer to keep some of the better quality sites whitelisted, so they can earn enough advertising revenue to keep going. I can tolerate quite a bit of advertising, until it literally hides the content I actually want to look at.

4 Likes

I was relieved to see that at least one other commentator doesn’t get the Nancy craze. It wasn’t that long ago the strip was considered the work of a guy who thought he was being funny but really didn’t have a clue. This was how I tended to view it. Now it seems that Nancy was so surpassingly brilliant that one must be really, really hip to understand it. Okay, I admit it: I’m not one of the in crowd.

1 Like

The new artist has only been doing it since 2018, so you’re probably talking about the previous stuff.

(You don’t have to like it, but maybe you even haven’t read the run people are talking about now.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.