An exhibition all about Nancy comics

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/30/an-exhibition-all-about-nancy-comics.html

4 Likes

This one is the one I usually think of because of a thread on the Something Awful forums back in the day that got turned into a series of front page posts:

My take on the meme:

6 Likes

I always found amazing that while the comics are 40+ years old the jokes are still so relevant that whenever I found a repost I always wondered if I was seeing an edit or the original dialog.

4 Likes

“…known for it’s timeless little jokes…”

Yes! Known for it is jokes!

(Natalie. You’re doing this in every article.)

1 Like

I actually ordered Bill Griffith’s biography of Bushmiller last night. Eagerly awaiting its delivery!

2 Likes

There is also a recent-ish graphic novel on Nancy creator Erine Bushmiller by Bill Griffiths who writes/draws Zippy the Pinhead.

2 Likes

You’re going to love it. When I ordered it, I didn’t realize it wasn’t just a text biography with illustrations, it’s a completely drawn/redrawn long-form comic by Griffiths. I enjoyed it a ton, and it gave me a lot more appreciation for the Nancy universe.

3 Likes

I’d thought it was a prose work, too, at least initially. I was torn between getting Griffith’s work on Bushmiller or his bio of Schlitzie the Pinhead – and decided on the Bushmiller because I think comics creators writing about other comics creators are often very interesting… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

my genius finally recognized

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.