The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Compactly stated. Will be stealing this for the next discussion I get into re Elon Musk ( who will be something of an Austin neighbor in the near future) enthusiasts.

20 Likes

Once again, what is even the point of Joe Manchin? I feel like I need to start posting stories about him in the GOP asshats thread instead…

16 Likes
13 Likes

I wish I could be proud of something that my home state makes the news for. This is the second Kansas state legislator in a month to be arrested for being an asshole.

6 Likes

2022 will make or break us as a country. If we can increase our majority in both houses, we can make Manchin and Sinema irrelevant. If not, we could be in for a long haul. Just to be clear, though, Manchin is about as “progressive” a senator as we will ever get out of WV. If not for his name recognition, we would probably have a Q-caucus member there. I think he is an ass, but also, realistically, he is the difference between Schumer and Moscow Mitch running things.

15 Likes
20 Likes

Hopefully they used a plastic tub.

10 Likes

Because, of course, No one expects the mask inquisition!

8 Likes

and hydroflouric acid.
definitely not in the upstairs bath! eww.

4 Likes
14 Likes

Trevor Wowk’s business came to CBC’s attention earlier this year through a tip from a contractor working on Wowk’s Regina home, who said he helped install several massage rooms and a sauna.

When a CBC reporter did an undercover inquiry for services available at Wowk’s business, he was offered sex by Wowk’s wife, who works in a massage parlour located in his own home. His wife is a Chinese national currently seeking immigration through the family sponsorship program. …

When asked how his massage business fit with his promotion of so-called Judeo-Christian values, Wowk had a ready answer.

“You name me one Bible passage that says there’s any prohibition against massages. > They don’t exist,” he said. He pointed out that “there are multiple passages that talk about prostitutes helping Jesus and the disciples,” but said that prostitution is neither forbidden in the Bible nor in Canadian law.

While it is legal to sell sex in Canada, it is illegal to buy or advertise sexual services. It’s also against the law to live on the material benefits derived from sex work.

11 Likes

Unfortunately, hypocrisy is also not illegal. Immoral, undignified and all kinds of fucked up, but not illegal. I do question what the Bible says about prostituting your own wife. There are so many " :face_vomiting: " here, I think I am not going to think on it too much.

9 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

Need a citation on that I’m afraid.

Don’t think that’s the case.

2 Likes

Commonly believed that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute, although never stated so in the Bible. I have also heard the woman at the well described as a prostitute, even though that is not how she is described. I do believe you are correct, no direct statements to that effect, just the “women who live outside the socially acceptable norms must be hookers” kinda mentality.

10 Likes

Kevin Mitnick, Scientology, and the stock market. It’s full of ass.

4 Likes

There’s no evidence Mary was a prostitute and textual analysis would strongly suggest she was not.

I don’t read Greek so it’s all secondhand for me.

2 Likes

Full of ass?

1 Like

4 Likes