The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Yeah, the whole popularity competition kids have with accumulation of VD cards is something they could do without.

8 Likes

Roses are red
Gender is performative
Valentineā€™s Day
Is heteronornative

Not my rhyme.

15 Likes

Yeah, we donā€™t celebrate, but Iā€™ve been calling Valentineā€™s Day S.A.D. for ages now: Singles Awareness Day.
Itā€™s kind of similar to how Motherā€™s Day and Fatherā€™s Day feel if you come from a shitty, abusive family.

13 Likes

I actually agree with the reasoning on Vday. I vividly recall in school a few kids who got very few valentines while the ā€œpopularā€ kids got lots. It was tough on some kids, and a not-very-subtle form of bullying. Halloweā€™en has been targeted by conservative Xtian groups forever, and in some areas, those groups are now ridiculously empowered. So, yeah, not at all surprised. I suspect these are the same areas that ignore MLK Day as well.

15 Likes

We really need to start piercing the corporate veil.

17 Likes

I. Canā€™t. Even.

(also: where to post this? so hard to figure out which thread on this bbs)
(also also: I am unable to bring myself to go to the OP)

10 Likes

For those who keep track of such things:

10 Likes

My recollection is that the rule for Valentineā€™s at my kidā€™s school was that you had to bring one for everyone in the class, so basically all 23 kids in the class ended up with 23 cards with candy. Iā€™m sure conservatives would whine about that too.

When my daughter was in kindergarten, she started telling all of her female classmates that she was going to have a Valentineā€™s party. We found out about it because other parents asked us. We gave in and let her have the party after giving her a stern talking to. But Iā€™ll say that Iā€™m still not sure what the ā€œrightā€ thing to do was with regard to whether we should have invited the boys as well, whether supporting the then current obsession with the color pink was good, etc. The girls did a bunch of crafts and ate cupcakes and it wasnā€™t like they even had a notion that the day was something about romance.

5 Likes

In a 30 MPH zone.

13 Likes

Same here. Everyone got a card or candies from everyone. Parents would bring in snacks. It was always fun.

4 Likes

Hey, my $50 GPS knows the 2008 speed limit for the road that Iā€™m on, and nags at me if I go over.

2 Likes

Looks like Christmas is coming early this year.

25 Likes

21 Likes

20 Likes

drunk GIF

15 Likes
10 Likes
1 Like
9 Likes

Spencerā€™s wife left him? I thought she was just sleeping in another room.

Anyway, no tears for that asswipe. Far-right money will no doubt keep flowing his way, as long as he stays useful.

14 Likes

13 Likes