The Great De-identified List of Ban-Reasons on bbs.boingboing.net

From memory - there was one from Antinous for making a (satirical) sock puppet of his account. It was on a post about sock puppets.

Then I got one for ranting on the topic of sarkeesian. The official reason was “100 deleted posts needs to be honored somehow” and I’m still waiting for the badge to be awarded.

The next one… was on the topic of the fappening and how I stubbornly insist that looking at stolen nudes is entirely incomparable in morality to the theft and publishing of those images. When I received the ban I had not looked at them - I was talking strictly philosophically - but once I was suspended I decided I’d go look at them since I was already being told I was a jerk and why not do the thing that seems to annoy people so much? They were shit, by the way.

The latest one was for ‘shit posting’ (somehow I get the feeling that was not Falcor as he tends to be a little more eloquent, but who knows) and I was in fact shit posting in the thread about the 20 second UFC takedown moron and his egotistical reddit AMA. Why the fuck would I want to ask anything of a UFC fighter, let alone have that brain-damaged shit be posted on BB, especially considering the standard BB line on sport: meh. Seemed inconsistent to dismissively shit on the Olympics and World Cup as a seeming matter of editorial policy then turn around and post UFC crap so I responded first with a couple of lines of exclamation marks after my comment, and then when I received some meaningless moronic response I responded with many many lines of exclamation marks.

It’s inspired a thread of its own because I figured, again, I might as well do what I’ve been accused of and I find the concept of literal shit posting vaguely amusing.

4 Likes