The Great De-identified List of Ban-Reasons on bbs.boingboing.net

That just sent a shiver down my spine. Creeeepy.

6 Likes

By which time JackHammer Jill will have successfully completed her subsumation of Galactus forming Falcorella 2.0, so all will be well.

I have come from the farthest reaches of space ā€” to proclaim the directory of wonderful things to the post-human race!

trolley suffering is irrelevant to me!

Behold theā€¦SILVER BANANA, HERALD TO BOINGBOING! JUST LOOK AT IT!

10 Likes

I am not sure how this makes me feel.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I always preferred it for myself! Being human is not anything special. Why be recognized as human when itā€™s so much more empowering to start new species?

Isaac Asimovā€™s got your back:

#The Clone Song
By: Isaac Asimov
Tune: Home On The Range

Oh, give me a clone
Of my own flesh and bone
With its Y chromosome changed to X.
And after itā€™s grown,
Then my own little clone
Will be of the opposite sex.

Clone, clone of my own,
And when Iā€™m alone
With my own little clone
We will both think of nothing but sex.

Oh, give me a clone,
Is my sorrowful moan,
A clone that is wholly my own.
And if sheā€™s X-X,
And the feminine sex,
Oh, what fun we will have when weā€™re prone.

Clone, clone of my own,
And when Iā€™m alone
With my own little clone

My heartā€™s not of stone,
As Iā€™ve frequently shone
When alone with my own little X.
And after weā€™ve dined,
I am sure we will find
Better incest then Oedipus Rex.

Clone, clone of my own,
And when Iā€™m alone
With my own little clone

Why should such sex vex,
Or disturb or perplex,
Or induce a disparaging tone?
After all, donā€™t you see,
Since weā€™re both of us me,
When weā€™re having sex, Iā€™m alone.

Clone, clone of my own,
And when Iā€™m alone
With my own little clone

And after Iā€™m done
She will still have her fun,
For Iā€™ll clone myself twice ere I die.
And this time without fail,
Theyā€™ll be both of them male,
And theyā€™ll each ravage her by and by.

Clone, clone of my own,
And when Iā€™m alone
With my own little clone

3 Likes

Hey, @teapot - did you ever save any of yours?

2 Likes

3 Likes

This user is suspended until 2288
Reason: Godwin cookies NOM NOM NOM

3 Likes

Dharma cookies take refuge in mah belly!

2 Likes

From memory - there was one from Antinous for making a (satirical) sock puppet of his account. It was on a post about sock puppets.

Then I got one for ranting on the topic of sarkeesian. The official reason was ā€œ100 deleted posts needs to be honored somehowā€ and Iā€™m still waiting for the badge to be awarded.

The next oneā€¦ was on the topic of the fappening and how I stubbornly insist that looking at stolen nudes is entirely incomparable in morality to the theft and publishing of those images. When I received the ban I had not looked at them - I was talking strictly philosophically - but once I was suspended I decided Iā€™d go look at them since I was already being told I was a jerk and why not do the thing that seems to annoy people so much? They were shit, by the way.

The latest one was for ā€˜shit postingā€™ (somehow I get the feeling that was not Falcor as he tends to be a little more eloquent, but who knows) and I was in fact shit posting in the thread about the 20 second UFC takedown moron and his egotistical reddit AMA. Why the fuck would I want to ask anything of a UFC fighter, let alone have that brain-damaged shit be posted on BB, especially considering the standard BB line on sport: meh. Seemed inconsistent to dismissively shit on the Olympics and World Cup as a seeming matter of editorial policy then turn around and post UFC crap so I responded first with a couple of lines of exclamation marks after my comment, and then when I received some meaningless moronic response I responded with many many lines of exclamation marks.

Itā€™s inspired a thread of its own because I figured, again, I might as well do what Iā€™ve been accused of and I find the concept of literal shit posting vaguely amusing.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Finally some unique recognition for my unique accomplishments! I donā€™t know why I bother with all this photoshop shit, when I could have all my production graphics in cookie form!

5 Likes
  1. the ā€˜contact meā€™ link in the OP doesnā€™t work.
  2. Itā€™s not very de-identified when I can search for ā€œAs a white guy ā€¦ itā€™s time to look out for our own again.ā€ and find the exact page where that quote was made.

(Anonymisation is stupidly hard.)

2 Likes
  1. Updated so the mailto: link now works. Or, rather, the email: link was changed to a real protocol.

2. Thatā€™s the ban-reason, so itā€™ll have to last. Thereā€™s nothing wrong per se with identifying those that have been banned ā€“ it was never SEKRIT NOWLEDGE. But Iā€™d rather people have to work for their schadenfreude, if thatā€™s what theyā€™re after. Iā€™m more interested in the textual variety.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Fair enough!

Continuing the discussion from Realtime chart of "the button" game on Reddit:

Added to The Great List.

2 Likes

Mean people got no reason.

1 Like

4 Likes

Not everyone feels that way, though.

1 Like

Of course not, but for me it is all about diversity. Any thought you can think, there are likely others who think something else entirely. This is what makes life interesting.