The green-with-envy story of how Pee-wee Herman got his own Chia Pet

Originally published at: The green-with-envy story of how Pee-wee Herman got his own Chia Pet | Boing Boing

7 Likes

He did the same letter writing thing to host a radio show on KCRW once. The letters were really funny, but I can’t find a link.

5 Likes

Cool, a Chia Pet of Elijah van Dahl.

3 Likes

What great timing, @Rusty_Blazenhoff ! Just last night, I was watching TV (which is rare!) and I decided to go to some of the websites that advertisers were putting up with their commercials. I read about some kind of blue cook set that had a prominent link to their arbitration requirement, and I also went to the Chia Pet website! There I learned that there are a TON of different kinds of Chia pets, from presidential to lots of Star Wars, and yes, I saw Pee Wee there too, woo! That was fun entertainment scrolling through all the options.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s here: https://twitter.com/i/events/1459258535611568131

2 Likes

Thanks! Ok, it was back and forth tweets, not entirely letters. I forgot about his donut demands!

2 Likes

my mum (as an MFA student) did an internship at Pilchuck Glass School some 40 years ago and worked directly with Dale Chihuly and his staff. one year as a joke-y xmas gift i bought a Bob Ross chia pet and fashioned an eyepatch for it and modified the box to make her a “Chia-huly Pet” that made her snort eggnog when she opened it.

4 Likes

That’s Elon Musk.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.