The hands and minds behind The Boxtrolls

You are again, not understanding who I am.

I am in no way trying to discredit them. I even said that I fully believed their hurt was real.

In fact, I wholly appreciate their stance, and (while I can never understand what it means to be LGBT) I honestly do recognize how it feels to be misrepresented in media. I am naturally blonde and extremely busty. I grew up in the 1970s and 1980s with Chrissy Snow as a popular TV representation of my “type” of woman, and she followed other “dumb blondes” and “bombshells”. I was only 16 when a substitute teacher felt it appropriate to call me “the Blonde Bomber”. (I am not a terrifically pretty woman, I’m just built.) So, while I can never experience being a trans woman, I have experienced negative stereotyping - to a ridiculous degree. (I am also an epileptic and an atheist.)

Go back and read what I wrote. What I have said is that you should form your own opinion, and that my opinion after seeing the film is that the character included does not represent a trans individual. I said you should see the film (any film) for yourself before you accept others’ interpretations of it - even my own. All I did was offer the voice of someone cis who had seen it, and say that if you were hearing their voices, you should hear mine as well.

I never once said my voice held more worth than your friends’.

P.S. If you’re looking for another positive example of an FTM disguise, I can recommend Dragonslayer. I just wrote it up yesterday as one of Disney’s best Medieval films in this thread.