The Happy Mutant's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion

2 Likes

That picture is so much more creepy knowing the window behind him is actually on an inside wall, with a hallway on the other side… :exploding_head:

( well worth watching )

4 Likes
5 Likes

I’ve given that one two separate viewings (by which I mean at fairly separate times, not I rented it and saw it Saturday and again Sunday) and I still just don’t get it. It feels like it’s based on a great book, but the movie just didn’t work for me.

Schlöndorff’s first feature Young Törless is one of my favorites of the New German Cinema though.

Yeah, Schlöndorff is a bit hit-or-miss for me.

(His interviews with Billy Wilder are fantastic, though.)

2 Likes

If you like the Dardenne Brothers’ work, check out Young Ahmed.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Is it made out of genuine Plissken?

9 Likes

Brilliant marketing copy, though, I love it :grin:

7 Likes

I think you’re misreading the bit of fine print that says “vanquished enemy foreskin.”

7 Likes

Tragic and heartbreaking, but such a great documentary. It’s a good watch also because people don’t think of Cambodia as it was, only what remained after the war. The music was so good, I wish we had the opportunity to see how it would have evolved.

9 Likes

>for a few dollars more

lol

5 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

It rained most of the weekend so Kiddo and I caught up on our wish list of Korean horror, a crazy-good Adam Sandler movie and some schlock.

We watched the RiffTrax version of this, and to quote their review, “Right off the bat, there’s one thing you should know about the Suburban Sasquatch: his nipples are huge.”

5 Likes
2 Likes

As mentioned in the Possible Life on Venus thread, The EastTM had science-fiction films too. I’ll dig out a couple of them here, on a strict whenever-I-feel-like-it schedule.
Here’s a little list for starters.

2 Likes