The Happy Mutant's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion

I think there must be a Bruno at Disney Studios who made a lot of enemies.

4 Likes

That, or Bruno’s a lovely guy whom everyone’s friends with enough for this to be a running joke.

“¡Ay Bruno! ¡Ese hombre horribile! but seriously, man, you coming to drinks tonight?”

5 Likes

Sing 2

DO NOT WATCH!

We loved the first, fun for all the family in our house. This one? This one is boring. Really boring. They didn’t have stories for most of the characters which you love or you wouldn’t be watching this sequel. Like they knew from years out that they had a total absolute dud turd on their hands. Must have been depressing to work on.

Oh, and it also has Bono in it even if it wasn’t shit before that.

12 Likes

The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow Lol GIF by filmeditor

7 Likes

Haven’t seen it yet, but it has Nina Hagen as the evil queen, so…

6 Likes

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

Even if I have to knock on Herman’s door.

5 Likes

Went to see The King’s Man yesterday, and whoooo booooy is that ever a tonal mess of imperialist apologism, English exeptionalism and a strange foray into modern politics where Scottish independence is the root of all evil.

Nothing at all like the first one which heavily critiqued the class system.

It still had its fun parts, though.

5 Likes

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

6 Likes

I don’t know whether you have watched it but that is literally the motivation of the prime bad guy. He engineered WW1 just as a revenge on the English. And his motivation is not the soft Scottish nationalism that surely existed in the 1910s but rather what little we get in justification sounds like the modern indy talking points. It’s baffling. It doesn’t help that they made the (unintentional) second bad guy Scottish as well.

5 Likes

I’ve not seen any of those movies, but this one sounds terrible all around… I’m kind of done with empire excusing fiction just in general.

4 Likes

You’ll be delighted to hear then that you have missed a movie that literally opens up on a concentration camp in the Boer War that our hero is paying a friendly visit to because he knows the boss and where said boss, General Kitchener (!), is one of the more sympathetically portrayed supporting characters. Both he and the camp are lightly criticised by the main characters but ultimately not really. As I said, it’s a tonal mess.

10 Likes

That’s what you get trying to make Mark Millar’s edge lord garbage writing palatable to a mainstream audience

6 Likes

Mark Kermode seems to be of the same mind, describing the film as having a schoolboy attitude to world history. I really have no interest in watching it, the second one is just vile and was enough to put me off.

4 Likes

It made me really crave bourbon, though

3 Likes

He also had the knack of making stuff look good on a small budget:

3e915b18346f2ca0e994728039d11cca

11 Likes

Raumschiff Orion was a really fun show. Very dated, obviously, in both scifi and cultural norms, but not as remembered as it should be.

7 Likes

Apparently halfway through making Kick Ass they realized they had to ignore the comic book and rewrite everything to not be terrible

5 Likes
3 Likes

This looks interesting…

7 Likes

Oh, it is, in Germany. They even cut together a movie from the episodes in 2003 that did OK in cinemas and there’s a remake currently in the works.

I hope they keep the dance scenes

8 Likes