The Happy Mutant's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion

I hear you. The show lost my interest by episode 2 and I avoided it during the original broadcast. I binged it much later just to see what all the hubub was about.

Did the same thing for Breaking Bad (which I liked better).

3 Likes

Oh, well, now I’m hooked!

(not)

3 Likes

Williams and everyone else were great in Slam, but he didn’t direct or produce it.

Neptune Frost looks great!

2 Likes

I’ve just taken my copies of the books to a charity shop. I bought the first one back when it first came out in paperback in the UK and patiently picked up each one after that. Until Dance of Dragons or whatever it’s called.

By that point it became abundantly clear that there was no realistic prospect of there ever being a conclusion of any kind to the series.

[Looks wistfully at the Rothfuss books still on the shelf]

4 Likes

I’m going to guess Capaldi led the terror group and Tom Baker went bowling in Brooklyn

5 Likes

It is hard to keep up with their mischief.

confused jodie whittaker GIF by Doctor Who

5 Likes

Just in case anyone is interested but didn’t read the article: she is open to making films in the future with Celine Sciamma (phew!) and other activist filmmakers. She just doesn’t want to participate in feminist washing reactionary cinema. I applaud anyone in a position to do so, actually doing it.

5 Likes

“… unless I’m lying. I can’t remember if I’m lying”

2 Likes

He was my college English instructor for roughly half a semester when the regular professor became too ill to continue teaching. I’ve always meant to get around to reading his books, but haven’t yet.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to this:

More about the books here:

3 Likes

A nice retrospective on one of my favorite tv shows.

David Cronenberg’s new film Crimes of the Future can be viewed as a trans allegory.

4 Likes

Just watched this last night:

And zOMG did it put a smile on my face! It’s just so life affirming to have two brothers being creative for 50+ years in art pop music, perhaps before artpop music was a thing really. I’ve never been a huge fan but it gave an overview that made me want to dive into a few selected albums. Just lovely.

8 Likes

Here is the script writer…

He shares a family name with a Shia friend of mine who is also from Kuwait… :grimacing:

4 Likes

Have to say that when I saw the posters go up I had no interest at all in it.

That said I’ll be popping into the mosque for food in the next couple of days and we do talk film a lot so I’m looking forward to the takes!

2 Likes

Seems like it takes the Shia perspective on that period in Islamic history, so depending on if the Mosque is Sunni or Shia, you might get an idea of what many folks there might think. It does look interesting, though, doesn’t it?

2 Likes
6 Likes

Dr. Horrible?

5 Likes

Neil Patrick Harris as The Cobbler!

3 Likes

Or Count Olaf?

3 Likes

Neil Patrick Harris Accident GIF by NETFLIX

4 Likes