The Happy Mutant's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion

Have I just missed it, or have they not released any pictures/footage of the upcoming Doctor? Seems like the last few times, they had at least some promo stuff when they announced the new Doctor, but not this time?

4 Likes

I haven’t seen anything yet either.

4 Likes

Okay, not just me missing it then… Weird. I wonder why they changed strategies for Gatwa, then? Also, the article says this:

However, with the announcement of Tennant’s return and sightings of him filming, it’s unclear when exactly Gatwa will appear on screens.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

5 Likes

Maybe because they’re filming an anniversary special, they’re waiting to reveal him?

4 Likes

Could be! But he’ll show up at the end of the final episode that will have Jodi Whittaker… :woman_shrugging: We’ll see, I guess!

5 Likes

Yeah, I need to get caught up before the special, I’m a season or two behind. I’m excited about Russell T. Davies returning as show runner and David Tennant reprising the role for an episode.

4 Likes

We just got the two most recent specials on DVD and haven’t watched them yet. We watched Flux not too long ago.

Yeah, it should be fun! Still wish they’d get back Eccelston, though I know there are tensions between him and Davies.

4 Likes

Yeah, had he done more than one season, he might have beaten out Tennant as my favorite Doctor.

3 Likes

Christopher Eccleston Yes GIF by Doctor Who

Doctor Who Rose GIF by Temple Of Geek

7 Likes

There are more recent filmings than the Flux series!!!

1 Like

I know… I just got the two specials that come after flux, but haven’t watched them yet, is what I meant.

2 Likes

There certainly was but far as i recall they’ve made peace recently so it’s not beyond the realm of possibility he’ll show up. Just not sure what they’d make of this and honestly i’m not sure what i think of it, if there is some subtext i’m missing or i should give him the benefit of the doubt…

And I meant: I didn’t know there were more recent choices than Flux!!!

2 Likes

OH! Gotcha! Derp!

Yeah, 2, the new years episode and the Sea Devils one (which apparently was not well-liked).

2 Likes
6 Likes

I hope Rian gives him a different accent this time (with no in film explanation at all)

5 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

star trek laughing GIF

They did Threshold! I love it.

7 Likes

Seems like it could be delightful

3 Likes