The Happy Mutant's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion

It seemed odd to me since as someone living in West Germany at the time, slicing your own salami (now why does that seem like it ought to be a euphemism?) or having an actual loaf of bread would be entirely normal - still is.

4 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes

Thank you. I find his plays execrable and as you say insulting, could never understand the adulation for what is essentially bleak paddywhackery.

2 Likes

I finally got around to seeing Swallow…

And the ending really made that movie…

3 Likes

The problem of keeping consistency while building a universe on the go…

4 Likes

Does it mention the Bell riots and Irish reunification next year?

Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

They do… although I’m fairly certain when it’s mentioned, it’s 2024, and it’s listed as 2025 in the article… :thinking: Am I misremembering?

Happy Megan Mullally GIF by Will & Grace

5 Likes

Bookmarks are your friend! I have all of the regularly used user created threads bookmarked for easy posting!

2 Likes

You are right.

I don’t know why they want to change the Star Trek timeline so much. This is a fictional universe, with its own questions. It’s a future that only existed in the past and that’s the whole fun.

6 Likes

Weird! It’s funny it’s an article about discrepancies in the ST timeline, that has it’s own discrepancy! :smile:

5 Likes

Hah. The author is from another timeline!

warning time travel GIF by RJFilmSchool

6 Likes

tng-riker-red-alert

5 Likes

Eek - send them back! We can’t afford a break in the space-time continuum!

From

5 Likes

Reaction GIF

7 Likes

With Brexit, it is indeed possible.

2 Likes
7 Likes

The movies available on streaming services are often not what we want to see, but what companies want to show.

9 Likes

point pointing GIF by Shalita Grant

This is why non-profits, universities, public libraries, and other alternatives matter - because they can house things that corporations decide aren’t profitable to keep them available to the public!

10 Likes

I haven’t seen Chicago Joe but I looove Paperhouse. So I’ll have to check it out. But not on streaming.

Really I just wanted to shout out Paperhouse

5 Likes